• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Okay, I want to start pushing something in Twitter, but it seems so counter to the gun control crowd's narrative that I want to check myself first so I don't sound like an idiot.

Ever since the Brady Bill an the establishment of the NICS system, you need an ID and go through a NICS check any time you buy a gun from a dealer in any state, right?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/atf-f-4473.html
    A Social Security card, alien registration card, or military identification alone does not contain sufficient information to identify a firearms purchaser. However, a purchaser may be identified by any combination of government-issued documents which together establish all of the required information: Name, residence address, date of birth, and photograph of the holder.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Go thru either NICS , or a State operated system that is aproved to meet or exceede NICS standards.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Or...not. Apparently my Twitter account got suspended. I haven't posted anything offensive, so I must have hit a nerve somewhere.

Well crap.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I got temp banned from posting to Facebook last week for calling a liberal idiot an idiot!... I guess all you have to do is report one post and you get the switch.. I started reporting offensive lib posts :D

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Lol. Come back!!!

Apparently, I used the "@reply or mention" feature too often in a short period of time and it qualified as "abuse". I have been unsuspended though. The Twitter staffer who replied to me as nice enough.

Looks like I'll be spending less time engaging people directly and spending more time dispelling misinformation via hashtags. How this constitutes less spamming is beyond me, but hey, their service, their rules.

Thanks for the fact checks. B^)

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    Apparently, I used the "@reply or mention" feature too often in a short period of time and it qualified as "abuse". I have been unsuspended though. The Twitter staffer who replied to me as nice enough.

Looks like I'll be spending less time engaging people directly and spending more time dispelling misinformation via hashtags. How this constitutes less spamming is beyond me, but hey, their service, their rules.

Thanks for the fact checks. B^)

You can still do that, just put a period before the @, so something like .@reply don't ask me how it works, just something with their coding formulas.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Social media sites are very broad in who they ban or restrict. Basically, if someone clicks the “report” button, you are going to get hit with something even if all you posted was ‘I like kittens”.

They will also ban you if you use their website too much. Not sure of what the limits are now but back in the day it was very easy to get your facebook disabled for a short amount of time because you exceeded the message limit.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Well, if Twitter prefers me to spam a hashtag instead of replying to individuals, I'm okay with that.

Another fact check:

Can you legally buy a handgun anywhere in the country without going through NICS or an equivalent check? I want to say no, but all of my handgun experience is from MD.

Thanks.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Well, if Twitter prefers me to spam a hashtag instead of replying to individuals, I'm okay with that.

Another fact check:

Can you legally buy a handgun anywhere in the country without going through NICS or an equivalent check? I want to say no, but all of my handgun experience is from MD.

Thanks.
    You can do FTF in Virginia. Not sure if you meant only FFL deals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom