• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Maybe I am missing something about grammar but my thread title ended in a question mark not an exclamation point.

As to the the whole having stock coming in, I would really call BS. I spent 10 years working in box stores and unless something had lead times of several months you would not remove their spot in the store to put something else in its place. Ammo right now occupies 2 shelves 2 feet long, mostly .410, and a few hunting calibers everything else is now Hoppes cleaning kits. Given there was no one in sporting goods my take from my years in retail is an aisle re-design is not an impulsive thing.

sorry, but IMHO that's a weak defense. The panic buying that has been ubiquitous for months now is no surprise to anybody, and nothing new. We've known for months and months that all manufacturers are cranking to produce as much as they can as fast as they can, and despite that as soon as anything is available the piranhas snarf it up.

Occam's razor -- avoid complicated explanations when a simpler one will do. We all have heard much to explain the facts you reported with no need for unfounded speculations. Adding a question mark is not a satisfactory alternative to a factual basis. If you have any basis for the suggestion of the policy change you alluded to you should have shared it. Without that, this is what we call rumor mongering.

We are all concerned, and unhappy with the situation, but nobody is helped by such unfounded speculation. But, go ahead.:popcorn:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    sorry, but IMHO that's a weak defense. The panic buying that has been ubiquitous for months now is no surprise to anybody, and nothing new. We've known for months and months that all manufacturers are cranking to produce as much as they can as fast as they can, and despite that as soon as anything is available the piranhas snarf it up.

Occam's razor -- avoid complicated explanations when a simpler one will do. We all have heard much to explain the facts you reported with no need for unfounded speculations. Adding a question mark is not a satisfactory alternative to a factual basis. If you have any basis for the suggestion of the policy change you alluded to you should have shared it. Without that, this is what we call rumor mongering.

We are all concerned, and unhappy with the situation, but nobody is helped by such unfounded speculation. But, go ahead.:popcorn:

Fallston has had a huge hole in its ammo aisle since before Sandy Hook, yeah they had "a lot" more but still holes as most wal-marts do. Up until a few weeks a go they had most of the popular hunting calibers available now they are down to next to nothing. Hell I didn't even see there normal shelf full of shotgun shells. And the shelves they do have stocked no holes. So unless they have changed their policy recently, they were getting ammo in spurts so it still does not make sense why they have all the Hoppes cleaning kits they get in shipment on the shelf, I am talking the full glass case full.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    When I asked them over the weekend they just said they havent been getting in the amount to justify using all that space. When the ammo does come in they willmake room for it.

Tinfoil hat...disengage.

TysonDad2012

Mar 7, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I work at the Wal-mart in Aberdeen. I just wanna first start off by saying that Wal-mart as a company, will continue to sell firearms and ammo in the stores that currently do so. It came down as an email from home office.

Secondly, Fallston filled their shelves with the cleaning probably for multiple reasons. If we have stuff that we will no longer carry, what we call getting deleted, we have to find space for it; otherwise, it'll cock up the backroom with merchandise that can't sell. Space is hard to come by, and when we can get it great. Secondly, if it's anything like we are, there's almost a mob of people (some equipped with torch and pitchfork, just kidding) waiting for it to come out. Like sharks at the scent of blood.

Hopefully it's only a matter of time until things get back to normal.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I spoke to them a few weeks ago and they rearranged the cabinet, just because they do not know when they will get their full inventory back. THEY ARE NOT discontinuing ammo sales.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I spoke to them a few weeks ago and they rearranged the cabinet, just because they do not know when they will get their full inventory back. THEY ARE NOT discontinuing ammo sales.

Or is that what " the Man" wants you to think:tinfoil:

( just fraking with you)

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Maybe I am missing something about grammar but my thread title ended in a question mark not an exclamation point.

As to the the whole having stock coming in, I would really call BS. I spent 10 years working in box stores and unless something had lead times of several months you would not remove their spot in the store to put something else in its place. Ammo right now occupies 2 shelves 2 feet long, mostly .410, and a few hunting calibers everything else is now Hoppes cleaning kits. Given there was no one in sporting goods my take from my years in retail is an aisle re-design is not an impulsive thing.

You haven't worked in a Wal-Mart have you? I was a Dept Manager in Wal-Mart for a Year. It is common pratics to cover over a spot where you have no stock with something that might sell well waiting for product to come in. Granted we used these white tabs over the shelf label so when the product came back in it was easy to place but with something to isn't order-able replacing labels would be common places.

Thanks
    Robert

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Everyone bad mouths DicksSportingGoods. They doesn't get a lot of ammo in but with all the shopping I had to do over the past few months they are the only store that has not jacked the prices up.

They don't have the sales like they use too have but they charge the same regular prices I paid in 2012.

And been able to get 22lr, 22wmr, .380 , 9mm .45 over the past 4 month 2-3 box's at a time but I've still only paid regular price.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I work at the Wal-mart in Aberdeen. I just wanna first start off by saying that Wal-mart as a company, will continue to sell firearms and ammo in the stores that currently do so. It came down as an email from home office.

Secondly, Fallston filled their shelves with the cleaning probably for multiple reasons. If we have stuff that we will no longer carry, what we call getting deleted, we have to find space for it; otherwise, it'll cock up the backroom with merchandise that can't sell. Space is hard to come by, and when we can get it great. Secondly, if it's anything like we are, there's almost a mob of people (some equipped with torch and pitchfork, just kidding) waiting for it to come out. Like sharks at the scent of blood.

Hopefully it's only a matter of time until things get back to normal.

How much were you paid for that post?:tinfoil:

Ben_Wood

Jan 30, 2013
    Harford County
    I think people are missing the point here. Everyone is looking at the ammo cabinet to see what is available. When they look and see no ammo but see cleaning kits a thought runs through the customer's head "do I need that?". This is impulsive buying 101. The first challenge in retail getting people to look at what you are selling.

BAGGERZ13

Feb 14, 2013
    They are not discontinuing selling ammo they are just filling hte space till the ammo becomes more plentiful again. I talked to one of their employees a few weeks ago and thats what he told me.

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    A few years ago I worked at WalMart over winter break... They seemed to have a "they won't buy it if they can't see it" strategy, so if something was sold out they'd fill the space with other stuff that was in stock.

This is a common practice in business, you never want your shelves to look bare so you fill them in with some inventory, even the ammo case. As more ammo comes in they will refresh those cases again.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    I'm pretty sure if Walmart stopped carrying ammo Obama would be holding a press conference with Biden weeping in the background announcing such a swell 'common sense' move on the part of Walmart.............

ruinah

Average Joe
    Mar 27, 2013
    Baltimore
    Everyone bad mouths DicksSportingGoods. They doesn't get a lot of ammo in but with all the shopping I had to do over the past few months they are the only store that has not jacked the prices up.

They don't have the sales like they use too have but they charge the same regular prices I paid in 2012.

And been able to get 22lr, 22wmr, .380 , 9mm .45 over the past 4 month 2-3 box's at a time but I've still only paid regular price.

until you see 2 bulk buckets of 22LR Golden Bullets sitting on the floor and are told "oh employees are buying those they aren't for sale." Dicks has been useless lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom