• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    That was pretty cool.
    But I'd rather just use a VEPR (I can change a 10-rd mag faster than that guy can load two shells;)).

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    That was OK but not as quick as Load2 from a rack (not a lot slower) or Quadload from a rack. You don't really need to look down when doing Load2 or Quadload as most use a chest rig these days anyway. Still it can be a better option for those who might not want to have extra caddies on their belt. My issue would be that most 3-gunners don't use sidesaddle anymore because it makes your shotgun heavier although it might be good in those cases where you sometime load 2-6 rounds between shooting positions on a stage.

Ok but a VEPR or Saiga or even better an MKA1919 is open division only and limited to 10 round mags, where as a tube shotgun can run a 14 or 22 round X-Rail rotary fixed drum. Some big 3-gun stages have 32 shotgun only targets and a mix of clays, steel, and possibly buckshot and slugs. And you can't shoot the wrong type of shotgun ammo at the wrong target type. Harder to juggle different magazine loads verses just picking the right ammo off a chest rig.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    That was OK but not as quick as Load2 from a rack (not a lot slower) or Quadload from a rack. You don't really need to look down when doing Load2 or Quadload as most use a chest rig these days anyway. Still it can be a better option for those who might not want to have extra caddies on their belt. My issue would be that most 3-gunners don't use sidesaddle anymore because it makes your shotgun heavier although it might be good in those cases where you sometime load 2-6 rounds between shooting positions on a stage.

Ok but a VEPR or Saiga or even better an MKA1919 is open division only and limited to 10 round mags, where as a tube shotgun can run a 14 or 22 round X-Rail rotary fixed drum. Some big 3-gun stages have 32 shotgun only targets and a mix of clays, steel, and possibly buckshot and slugs. And you can't shoot the wrong type of shotgun ammo at the wrong target type. Harder to juggle different magazine loads verses just picking the right ammo off a chest rig.

I'm about to pick up an MKA1919 Match Pro to shoot some open division (S's&G's.) While Tooth and Nail now makes 23 round mags, my SLP (10+1) for tacops and my 870 (11+1) for Heavy Metal are almost always sufficient to shoot with limited reloading. I still load 4 up weak hand, though.

[YT]I1TTr25YYuw[/YT]

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have a problem with slight arthritis so I don't do load 4 well but I can do load 2. Same with Horner's method of loading 4 from caddies as I found I could only do 3 reliably. So I replaced all my 4 rd cadies with 6 rd ones and loaded 3 and 3. Took me awhile of practice to finally get faster doing load 2 than three from the caddies. In the meantime the LEO member of my 3man/3gun team got an MKA1919 so we were all suddenly in Open division. Could not afford to do an X-Rail rotary on my 930 so just got the X-Rail mag tube plus the 2 round extension for 13 +1. I found if I took the extension off and recapped it with the extended spring inside it did 9+1 OK for TacOps. Otherwise I leave it 13+1 and load extra rounds past the buzzer if they allow it.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    That was pretty cool.
    But I'd rather just use a VEPR (I can change a 10-rd mag faster than that guy can load two shells;)).
    True but with the big X-Rail drum you can burn thru 20 rounds and at 20 I would be ahead of you plus would still have 3 rounds in the mag tube. I would likely be at least even with you at the 30 rd. point after doing load 2 on another 7 rounds. One reason both setups come out about the same at that point. But those 10 rd. mags are pretty heavy and you have to carry them someplace that they won't fall out so likely some kind of Molle chest rig to carry an extra 3 mags. Also not as easy to put the AK shotguns in the barrel with the mag in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom