• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I should know this , but help me out so I don't have to read thru the text of 281 sitting at the booth .

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Not sure of the legal/ proper answer but I'm pretty sure how I'd handle it. The state has no business interferring between a father and his son. I know more about my son than any background check would tell them.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Not sure of the legal/ proper answer but I'm pretty sure how I'd handle it. The state has no business interferring between a father and his son. I know more about my son than any background check would tell them.

If it's intended to be a gift/hand-me-down that would be with the son for the rest of his life (especially in Maryland), the question really is: what are the odds of him and the gun ever crossing paths with a turn of events that discloses he's not in legal possession ... and thus loses his rights to ever again own that or ANY gun. That's what we're up against, and of course why it's worth helping to fund MSI's attempt to destroy the HQL in court. But in the meantime, ugh.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If it's intended to be a gift/hand-me-down that would be with the son for the rest of his life (especially in Maryland), the question really is: what are the odds of him and the gun ever crossing paths with a turn of events that discloses he's not in legal possession ... and thus loses his rights to ever again own that or ANY gun. That's what we're up against, and of course why it's worth helping to fund MSI's attempt to destroy the HQL in court. But in the meantime, ugh.

Well to add, BOTH losing the right to own firearms forever. And possibly some jail or prison time. Though that isn’t likely unless the gun was used for something “bad” for how it was discovered.

Off the top of my head, yes, you must have a 77r done for a regulated firearm and barracks transfer (or could do FFL). Pretty sure off the top of my head it is free to do if it is a family gift. Don’t recall if an HQL is required for said gift for the recipient who is a family member. One other reminder, the recipient must be 21+

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Well to add, BOTH losing the right to own firearms forever. And possibly some jail or prison time. Though that isn’t likely unless the gun was used for something “bad” for how it was discovered.

Off the top of my head, yes, you must have a 77r done for a regulated firearm and barracks transfer (or could do FFL). Pretty sure off the top of my head it is free to do if it is a family gift. Don’t recall if an HQL is required for said gift for the recipient who is a family member. One other reminder, the recipient must be 21+

You're both right of course. But I just get so damned sick and tired of jumoing through these useless hoops those assholes in Annapolis dream up

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    I give my grandson a pistol when he turned 21. All the paperwork was done online as a gift by only my grandson and I. He had to acquire a HQL before we could begin the process but once we did the transfer on line, he got not disapproved 7 days later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom