• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blazing lead

Nov 29, 2018
    Cecil county
    Good father's day surprise, got a spring and shim kit for my GP 100 today, got her broke down and measured my hammer and trigger gaps ( the shims will work as is with no fuss)

Gonna do some stuff with the kids today and do a little polish work and hopefully reassemble this evening. This kit didn't have the hammer dog shims but I might get some down the road.

Attachments

• IMG_20230617_152700549.jpg
      IMG_20230617_152700549.jpg
      210.7 KB · Views: 66

blazing lead

Nov 29, 2018
    Cecil county
    They take side to side drag out of the hammer so it has a more consistent travel without intermittently rubbing against the frame. It will show rub marks on My particular pistol had 0.014 of slop on the hammer. I'm installing two .005 shims one on the each side to tighten the play and have more consistent travel. Some clearance is needed in order to move without binding but that is excessive. The trigger is getting one .001 shim on each side. The match champion version of this pistol uses shims from the factory

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Cool! I sold off my GP 4” but kept my SP 2”.

Shot it this morning!

Let us know how it turned out. I just put a 10# hammer spring in mine as well as a rubber Pachmayr grip and it shoots a lot better for me.

blazing lead

Nov 29, 2018
    Cecil county
    Well I'm satisfied with the results it shoots pretty darn good. The only thing I might do down the road to round it out is shim the hammer dog I have .018 " of slop in It. Tightening that gap is supposed to help some with DA pull weight from what I have researched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom