• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dan8480

Gun Addict
    Feb 23, 2008
    Adams County
    I'm going to be going to the simulator soon, what should I expect? Is it going to be a great experience, or so so? Is there anything I should know before I go? Any tips?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Nope. If you know the law of self defense you will be fine. Is this a police simulator system with cop scenarios? Basically shoot or no shoot.

FATS is fun, don't be nervous.

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    its a great time! I will warn you though, the scenarios all have multiple outcomes so just because you've seen a scenario before DO NOT assume you know how it will play out and try to beat it. I put two perfect center mass shots in the middle of a good guy because I tried to beat the timer on a scenario I thought I knew the outcome of...
    I was told it was probably be called a good shoot because the guy had a gun but I failed the scenario because I shot the wrong guy.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    Every media personality and politician should have to go through FATS training. Everyone likes to second guess these police shooting. It's a lot harder than it looks to make the right call.

Tim460

May 22, 2010
    Baltimore Co.
    FATS is ok but force on force with simunitions is much better training. FATS is mostly an eye opener shoot no shoot scenario and doesn't really do anything for tactics as your just standing in front of a screen waiting for something to happen.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    FATS is ok but force on force with simunitions is much better training. FATS is mostly an eye opener shoot no shoot scenario and doesn't really do anything for tactics as your just standing in front of a screen waiting for something to happen.

Exactly. The MMQBs need to feel at least a little bit of pain to make it sink in.

That said, FATS is good training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom