• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Not really in the market, but this just popped up on the local FB classifieds page and I really don't know what older guns are worth. I'm just curious what y'all think.

Numbers matching yugo sks. Comes with 2 30rd and 2 40rd mag additional. Dude wants $350. That sound right?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1473725276285.jpg
      FB_IMG_1473725276285.jpg
      45.1 KB · Views: 506

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    SOG wants $425, and that's dealer/C&R price. How was that scope mounted? Almost looks like a screw in it.

Sounds alright to me, depending on that scope haha :thumbsup:

P.S. I hope you're enjoying Texas!

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    It sounds lowish, particularly if the scope is included. The SKS in the picture has a fixed magazine. If it has been modified to take removable magazines, it is banned in Maryland. Also, it cannot be shipped to Maryland with high capacity magazines unless they have been modified to only hold ten rounds. If you modify it to take the magazines, you are breaking the law in Maryland, as stupid as it may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    It sounds lowish, particularly if the scope is included. The SKS in the picture has a fixed magazine. If it has been modified to take removable magazines, it is banned in Maryland. Also, it cannot be shipped to Maryland with high capacity magazines unless they have been modified to only hold ten rounds. If you modify it to take the magazines, you are breaking the law in Maryland, as stupid as it may be.

Luckily he moved to Texas and Mds dumbass laws don't apply to him anymore.

Price is low. As long as he doesn't seem shady go for it. Meet at a gun range or somewhere very public.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I agree on all accounts. I'd expect to pay $450 for the gun in the picture with the scope and four magazines. As I mentioned before, the gun in the picture has not been modified for removable magazines. When you meet at the range, bring a bore light because even a pretty gun can have a dark and pitted bore.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Thanks guys. He had it listed for $400, but it says he'll take 350 in the comments. They have lots of places setup to meet around here for buying/selling anything. Usually at large gas stations. Well lit, security cameras with audio, etc. There's one right next to the police station :D

As I understand it, you just have to remove the fixed box mag to accept the special sks mags. No real mods required.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1473727346585.jpg
      FB_IMG_1473727346585.jpg
      64.8 KB · Views: 458

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I second what everyone else is saying. Only other caveat is that FB has been really cracking down on firearms transactions. Several groups I belonged to disappeared for a bit. Make sure to conduct business via another resource (e-mail etc.) on the off chance this is a troll looking to report people trying to buy (it happens).

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    The scopes mounted on the top covers will not hold zero. The bolt carrier beats them to death. Good price if the seller has the original top cover. Watch your back and meet in a public place.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The scopes mounted on the top covers will not hold zero. The blot carrier beats them to death. Good price if the seller has the original top cover. Watch your back and meet in a public place.

Yeah the scope looked kinda squonky to me.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I second what everyone else is saying. Only other caveat is that FB has been really cracking down on firearms transactions. Several groups I belonged to disappeared for a bit. Make sure to conduct business via another resource (e-mail etc.) on the off chance this is a troll looking to report people trying to buy (it happens).

I noticed that in the last few weeks a few of our IPs that have fb pages are now posting prices, sales, etc unencumbered. This was not the case in the past. They had to be very quiet about it. So maybe something has changed.
    Also, I understand the skepticism. I would feel the same back home around bmore. Things are different here. ;)

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    The scopes mounted on the top covers will not hold zero. The blot carrier beats them to death. Good price if the seller has the original top cover. Watch your back and meet in a public place.

The Yugo SKS I use to have had a top cover mounted scope and it never lost zero with the few hundred rounds I put through it. I'm surprised given my luck lol

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Loose the scope. They're set back too far and too high to use comfortably.

Find the/an original cover.

Keep the fixed ten round magazine. It's uber reliable. Detachable mags are not. And they require three hands to change them out.

And 325 is a better price. Cuzz the stock looks buggered/notched due to the scope mount.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    The Yugo SKS I use to have had a top cover mounted scope and it never lost zero with the few hundred rounds I put through it. I'm surprised given my luck lol

Give it time.

A scout mount that replaces the rear sight is a much better option and does no damage if installed properly.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    :thumbsup:

Like my buddy says when he hears someone say its "mostly" Matching...
    Its like being pregnant, you either are or your not. ;)

I get it. I know more about cars. Try and get away with calling a 69 RS/SS camaro "mostly" matching with the wrong trans in it and you summarily get laughed out of town...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom