• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Just wanted to throw this out there and see how peoples builds were going. A good amount of people have already picked up their lowers and uppers so I assume the builds have commenced.

We would like your feedback on how we can improve the design and if anything was particularly problematic. We know for instance on some of the uppers some dust covers need to be sanded a bit for a proper fit. We've seen looser fit with PSA uppers and our lowers, tight with Colt & Noveske. Can anyone add anymore to the list?

Did everyones LPK work well? If not, what was the brand and issue?

Any suggestions for changes thus far? Any separate ideas to improve the product or design of the billet product line? We've made a lot of mods from the first design to the present one so we're open to other mods.

Attachments

• gendeux.JPG
      gendeux.JPG
      24.9 KB · Views: 3,393
    • e4a.jpg
      e4a.jpg
      28.6 KB · Views: 3,317

cannoli.gun

Jan 12, 2013
    Love em'

The top includes: Stag LPK, Geiselle SSA, Magpul stock and grip (let my daughter pick between black and FDE), BCM buffer tube kit, Battle Arms selector, and Noveske QD end plate. This was my very first build, so it took awhile. I didn't have any major issues, though installing the pivot pin was a bit of a pain. The castle nut isn't tight either .. Don't have the proper tool yet.

The bottom includes: RRA LPK, ALG ACT trigger, BCM grip, Magpul STR (not shown), BCM buffer tube kit, and Noveske QD end plate. This one took 1/10th the time of the first (got the pivot pin installed on 2nd try).

I have a Daniel Defense upper that is tighter fitting on the lower with the Stag LPK than the other. I'm not sure why .. pins slightly different? .. or I'm doing something wrong (Newbie!). Anyway, love 'em and just wanted to share.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      63.2 KB · Views: 3,246

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    Only things I would like to see are: threaded bolt hold(catch), and upper/lower "slack" adjuster. But lowers are beautiful as is.

Last edited:

CronusTRD

Creeper
    Mar 1, 2007
    I had no problems fitting the lower to an AIM surplus upper. The front lower takedown pin is a bit snug, but that could have been the RGUNs parts kit I used.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Put DD upper on mine. no issues. Using a Geisselle trigger and PSA LPK installed by AJ.

Great job Andy.

ETA rear take down pin was tight but that is because of being new, not an issue. few little taps and it went in.

ar15

Feb 20, 2013
    Fully Ambi Version would be nice.

and the wedge and adjuster would be nice too. (like a seekins precission lower)

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Pre-emptive thank you for the permanent trigger guard :thumbsup:

Lots of rookie builders (like me) bust lowers installing that assembly.

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    I have finished building both of my lowers and I will post pics as soon as my BUIS and optics arrive. All parts went together wonderfully even though I accidentally scratched the first lower when getting the bolt catch roll pin in, oh well I plan on shooting this gun a lot and I'm sure it won't be long before it gets some other dents and dings.
    1st:
    DD LPK
    Geisselle SSAE trigger
    Spike's Tactical Milspec Carbine buffer spring with T2 Buffer
    Magpul CTR Milspec butt stock in black
    DD V7LW mid length upper
    Magpul RVG foregrip
    Noveske QD end plate and Fortis rail-mount QD sling mount
    Troy DiOptic tritium folding Rear BUIS (in transit)
    Troy M4 style folding tritium front sight (in transit)
    Soon to come: Elcan or leupold VXR optic

2nd (this one will be an SBR):
    Spike's Enhanced LPK
    Geisselle SSAE trigger
    Spike's Tactical Milspec Carbine buffer spring with T2 Buffer
    Magpul CTR Milspec butt stock in FDE
    Daniel Defense MK18 upper (at parents house to avoid legal issues before getting ATF approval)
    Troy Tritium folding battle sights in FDE
    Soon to come: red dot optic, suppressor

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Lower/Upper Build Begins: The Paint

Picked up my 2 lowers today. Started the builds today with a little accent paint. Hopefully, tomorrow I will have more time to put the lower parts kits on the lowers. ;) Engage Lower Paint.jpg

rwg107

Feb 5, 2013
    Picked up my lowers and an upper today. They look great! They fit together perfectly. Have not pulled my LPK out yet, but will do so soon and report back!

MDPMP

Oct 16, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Picked up my 2 and assembled without any issues at all - look great and can't wait to put some rounds down range.

Thanks Andy and the folks at Engage for a great product at the right time!

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    That is gorgeous. What process/materials did you use to make the accents?

Welcome to MDS. Go check in at http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119 .

I used a few enamel paint pens from Michaels http://www.michaels.com/Testors-3-Pack-Enamel-Paint-Markers/cp0441,default,pd.html. Clean the lower very well with solvent. Color in the engravings with the pen, I used a needle to make sure the paint got all the way in the engraving. and wait a few mins and then carefully wipe away with the excess paint with a paper towel soaked with solvent. I found that brake cleaner works the best. Just get the majority of the paint off the surface and try not to wipe out the engraving. Wait 24 hours to clean up the remaining residue. There are a lot of videos on how to do it on Youtube.

Now I need to go assemble the lowers, waiting on a few parts hope to have them tomorrow am.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Welcome to MDS. Go check in at http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119 .

I used a few enamel paint pens from Michaels http://www.michaels.com/Testors-3-Pack-Enamel-Paint-Markers/cp0441,default,pd.html. Clean the lower very well with solvent. Color in the engravings with the pen, I used a needle to make sure the paint got all the way in the engraving. and wait a few mins and then carefully wipe away with the excess paint with a paper towel soaked with solvent. I found that brake cleaner works the best. Just get the majority of the paint off the surface and try not to wipe out the engraving. Wait 24 hours to clean up the remaining residue. There are a lot of videos on how to do it on Youtube.

Now I need to go assemble the lowers, waiting on a few parts hope to have them tomorrow am.

Thanks!

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Got the rifles assembled yesterday. :D

Lowers went together with out a hitch, using PSA LPK in both with a Timney trigger. I setup one with a Sota Arms .223 Upper, there was a little but of slop but a good fit over all.

The other is an engage upper in .300 blackout configuration. Only issue I had with the upper was getting the dust cover to fit. Had to sand down the dust cover a few hundredths to get it to fit.

Can't wait to shoot them!

Andy was wondering if you have go/no go gauges to check the upper/bolt for the .300 blackout?

Complete Lower_uppers.jpg

L8agin

Apr 2, 2013
    Damascus

Looks good with the colors. Is it permanent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom