• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    February 25th, 2017 Frederick IWLA 2-Gun Demo Match

2-Gun match announcement posted on the Frederick IWLA IDPA Google Groups page. I'll update this thread with the details and registration link over the weekend. Spaces for this small match *very* limited.

Last edited:

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    In just under 48 hours from when we opened the registration site and made the announcement on our Google Groups list all 14 spots have been filled for our February 25 2-Gun demonstration match.

If you are interested in a place on the waiting list, you may register here:
    https://practiscore.com/frederick-iwla-2-gun-demonstration-invitational-february-25-2017/register
    as we will fill any registrations from that list.

There is a chance we may also add a squad or two for any afternoon flight, or expand the current squads. Your registration will also help us understand the current demand for 2-Gun in the local community. As always, you're also welcome to come watch as long as you'd like, as long as you bring eye and ear protection.

If you are interested in receiving future announcements when they are first made, instead of a few days later when they're posted here (and possibly already full), subscribe to our Google Group list here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/frederickidpa

Email frederickidpa@gmail.com if you have any questions

Thanks, and have a great weekend - Troy.

Last edited:

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Ok,
    First off this sounds like a huge amount of fun. I myself have not participated in a match like this but would love to if there is enough spots available.
    I went and read on the sign in site that this is NOT for a newbie.
    I guess I can show up and learn then possibly get involved at a later date.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Ok,
    First off this sounds like a huge amount of fun. I myself have not participated in a match like this but would love to if there is enough spots available.
    I went and read on the sign in site that this is NOT for a newbie.
    I guess I can show up and learn then possibly get involved at a later date.
    Yes, exactly!

There are lots of ways of jumping in, but i would recommend that you start with idpa, and at the same time working to become very comfortable with your rifle. Then you'll feel when you're ready to take the next step. It may be later this year, it may be next, but everyone starts somewhere.

If you've not had the opportunity to give idpa a try, I'll be running an orientation & skills clinic focused toward shooters who are new to the idea of "practical pistol" but are rather familiar with their gun & have the requisite equipment. The clinic will be at the Frederick iwla on March 19. Watch the Frederick IDPA Google group for that announcement, with concurrent posting here.

This course won't be intended to help people go from marksman or sharpshooter to master, but to help people acquire the knowledge, skills, & attitude to enjoy participating in IDPA in the mid Atlantic region. Of course, since we'll be firing 250-300 rounds in different live fire drills, I'm betting people come out of it feeling better about themselves, their skill, & anxious for that first match.

PS, If your interested in how to get from marksman or sharpshooter to master, get in touch with Trevor (@bigt5g) & the team at Dynamic Defense Concepts. Trevor's an awesome competitor & all around friendly guy!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    First come first serve on the waiting list (you only go on the list if you pay me extra, uh, I mean if you're qualified). One name on there now, and whoever from that list that shows up at the match ready to go will get to step in to the place of any no-shows. Enough on the waiting list & we'll look at adding an afternoon squad.

Subscribe here:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=.../frederickidpa

Check out the rules here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwuIATNoEmlaNDVuSUxISzJCWlk

Register here:
    https://practiscore.com/frederick-iwla-2-gun-demonstration-invitational-february-25-2017/register

Questions here:
    FrederickIDPA@Gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom