• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DeerbybowDena

Jul 27, 2021
    MD
    All, I have a buddy newly into hunting and collecting and he just cant seem to find reasonable transfer fees. IE.. Freestate 75 any weapon..... youch! But can't find anyone under 35 for a non AR long gun? Any suggestions would be awesome as he is new and looking to save a few bucks on a few purchases that he is looking at in a small estate sale. Maybe 5 rifles. All help is appreciated amd thanks in advance!

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    All, I have a buddy newly into hunting and collecting and he just cant seem to find reasonable transfer fees. IE.. Freestate 75 any weapon..... youch! But can't find anyone under 35 for a non AR long gun? Any suggestions would be awesome as he is new and looking to save a few bucks on a few purchases that he is looking at in a small estate sale. Maybe 5 rifles. All help is appreciated amd thanks in advance!
    Check with south carroll sporting goods, an IP here. Brian is a good guy and if it is five guns at one time, all rifles on a 4473, would probably work with your friend.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    We are $25.00 for longguns and $35.00 for handguns, each additional is $15.00

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    if South Carroll is too far then check the FFL guide in GunBroker, put in your zip code.
    My guy and others charge $25 and $10 or $15 each additional, a little more for handguns. I didn't know my guy, a private guy that was my neighbor had an FFL till I saw him on GB.
    That's seems very reasonable considering they have to be available to sign for them, log a gun in and out of their books, do the background checks, store the gun and be responsible for it till the customer picks it up and be susceptible to ATF inspection 24/7 as well as log their own guns separately along with some other rules to follow.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Berkeley Springs Trading Post is $20 for the first and $5 for each additional. All you need to do is move to West Virginia and you are gold!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Berkeley Springs Trading Post is $20 for the first and $5 for each additional. All you need to do is move to West Virginia and you are gold!

He doesn't need to move to WV . As I read the first post , we're talking non regulated , Md Legal long guns . Those can be handled by FFL in any state .

Yes , Berkley Springs Trade Post has lots of Maryland customers . and they're up to speed in dealing with Md laws .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom