• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    I think CNN is starting to understand that their liberal bias is costing them. They have recently started leaning a bit more toward the middle. This is the second time I've seen them actually react sensibly to 2A issues.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Check out this very well written and thought out article by liberal columnist LZ Granderson - I can't believe CNN allowed it to be published. Al Sharpton and Piers Morgan must be pooping themselves right now.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/opinion/granderson-gun-control-fail/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

He hit on one part that had been bugging me since the story broke. 12 people died in one day from a single shooter. Not to diminish the loss of life in any way, but there have been as many deaths in Chicago and DC in less than a two month time span and those lost lives are just as meaningful to those who cared about them, but because their deaths were spread out, the media shows no care. How many people are dead or missing from the CO flooding? Or the western wild-fires? Yet we don't see near 24 hour news coverage about their deaths.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Here is a quote that I specifically liked
    it will keep continue to happen until the advocates accept that ridding the country of guns is a hopeless -- and unconstitutional mission -- and that the real goal should be addressing the factors that lead to the various forms of gun violence: factors such as poverty, mental health and failing schools.

Talk about hitting the nail on the head!

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    It wouldn’t surprise me if news organizations started going pro gun. There is way more money in going pro gun. If you post an anti gun article it’s not going to get plastered all over facebook and twitter cause gun grabbers aren’t that enthusiastic. Pro gun people though go nuts any time we see a pro gun article, especially on unexpected sites, and share it all over our social media.

The only reason I see them as so anti gun right now is because they hire people that have a liberal bias and a decent amount of their money comes from liberal organizations. But if TV news continues to lose views at the pace they have been they are going to start grasping at straws to get more people involved.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Check out this very well written and thought out article by liberal columnist LZ Granderson - I can't believe CNN allowed it to be published. Al Sharpton and Piers Morgan must be pooping themselves right now.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/opinion/granderson-gun-control-fail/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

While not as "bad" as it usually is its still inaccurate and follows the same old big gov nonsense

He continues to blame the NRA

He continues to refer to "Gun Violence"......as if inanimate objects can do anything......

He continues to pimp gov intrusion into our lives

Its only a matter of time before the leftists pivot and move from gun control to a strictly "people control" message......

Its already happening with big gov progressive programs like Obamacare where Dr's are being forced to ask you personal questions about your sex life /etc

Once liberals pivot on the mental health issue everyone will be forced by law to do silly things like undergo mental heath evals.......

Remember......the field of mental health is run primarily by leftist loons that got into the field to study their own problems.........

If you want to get an idea of just how bad it is, browse through a copy of DSM IV, V or VI

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    While not as "bad" as it usually is its still inaccurate and follows the same old big gov nonsense

He continues to blame the NRA

He continues to refer to "Gun Violence"......as if inanimate objects can do anything......

He continues to pimp gov intrusion into our lives

Its only a matter of time before the leftists pivot and move from gun control to a strictly "people control" message......

Its already happening with big gov progressive programs like Obamacare where Dr's are being forced to ask you personal questions about your sex life /etc

Once liberals pivot on the mental health issue everyone will be forced by law to do silly things like undergo mental heath evals.......

Remember......the field of mental health is run primarily by leftist loons that got into the field to study their own problems.........

If you want to get an idea of just how bad it is, browse through a copy of DSM IV, V or VI

I think you are trying to hard here and picking the pepper out of the fly shit - Sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due. This guy deserves a thumbs up for thinking outside of his political ideology. Imagine the flack he is going to catch from his colleagues, family, and friends.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I think you are trying to hard here and picking the pepper out of the fly shit - Sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due. This guy deserves a thumbs up for thinking outside of his political ideology. Imagine the flack he is going to catch from his colleagues, family, and friends.

That s nonsense. He will feed on that and thump his chest about his independence. It will not hurt him one bit because all the subliminal bs is intact. Its Orwell 201 instead of 101 now he can claim to be unbiased... no Orwell covered it.

If you want to respond the best way is to point out the flaws.

And he's not getting flack he's part of the con... .and so are they.

Cf The Sting.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Really a brave commentary considering the circumstances and most of the media bias. Years ago no reporter would have mention the type of firearm used until they had at least two reputable sources.

parksd70

Sep 10, 2013
    notice CNN still makes sure everyone knows it's an OPINION, and not necessarily theirs. I think that helps make it easier for them to publish.

dav1d

Jan 20, 2013
    Great article!

I found this interesting:

This conundrum is just one example why making note that more Americans have died from gun violence here at home since Newtown than in the nine years fighting a war in Iraq is the kind of factoid that grabs our attention but undermines the true goal: curtailing the violence.

Anyone notice that in war everyone is armed on both sides and yet (assuming that quote is correct) less have died compared to violence at home? Shouldn't that be an argument for gun rights? Not saying it should be, but just found that "factoid" interesting.

dav1d

Jan 20, 2013
    best quote

This happened after Newtown.

It happened after Aurora.

And it will keep continue to happen until the advocates accept that ridding the country of guns is a hopeless -- and unconstitutional mission -- and that the real goal should be addressing the factors that lead to the various forms of gun violence: factors such as poverty, mental health and failing schools.

Last edited:

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    That s nonsense. He will feed on that and thump his chest about his independence. It will not hurt him one bit because all the subliminal bs is intact. Its Orwell 201 instead of 101 now he can claim to be unbiased... no Orwell covered it.

If you want to respond the best way is to point out the flaws.

And he's not getting flack he's part of the con... .and so are they.

Cf The Sting.

I'm going to take a huge gander and guess you're not a liberal gun owner...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I'm going to take a huge gander and guess you're not a liberal gun owner...

No I am libertarian. Why?

Be a liberal if you want. Don't feed me BS. Its gang violence not gun Violence.

/* this may or may not be a satire */
    The root cause of crime is criminology, the bastard child of the 3 most disreputed professions in history -- combining the worst aspects of Economics, Psychology and Sociology.

You see before 'Criminology' we studied criminals so we could put them in prison and then study them some more -- it was called' the Science of Criminal Detection' ( hence the word detective ).

Then came the 60 's and 70's. I noticed two trends. First ,a whole lot of crime, and second, boatloads of criminologists. At first I thought the rise in crime was causing more people to enter the field, but I also noticed that none of these criminologist were trying to catch criminals. Oh there was the token catch and release program, often associated with tagging gang members to study migration patterns, and the like, but the new criminologist was actually trying to understand the criminal in his native habitat, which has it happens we used to call 'the working class neighborhoods' of New York.

So anyway lots of folks got raped and murdered ( in the name of science of course) and when queried about this the criminologist explained that we needed to understand the root cause of crime in order to prevent it and that folks like us could never understand the disadvantages they suffered in the neighborhood they came from.

This in particular puzzled me since the people asking the questions were in fact living in these same neighborhoods , which had been doing rather well until the criminologist opened up all the prisons( so they could study the root cause of crime), whereas the criminologist chose to conduct their studies mostly from Long Island and New Jersey.

It took a while but eventually I was forced to conclude that the increase in crime was in fact caused by an increase in criminologists.

Now you may think I am confused, but I ask you--- what if we tried studying how to put criminals in jail and then study them there. Hell its worth a shot I think...

/* end of satire or not */

Feb 28, 2013
    A liberal who "gets it" is a contradiction in terms. A liberal by definition cannot "get it", or they wouldn't be liberals in the first place.

fav453

May 29, 2013
    Essex
    Thanks for posting this. This argument the writer presents agrees with mine when it comes to the response to mass shootings. But i go past we need to look deeper. I say no one has the b@lls to address the real issues these shooters have. The reason gun owners are targeted is because its easy to blame the guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom