• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I thank you for your review of Freestate, I actually consider it to be a very positive review. Basicaly, you point out that the employees of the range consistantly follow their stated comon sense policies, and this makes you uncomfortable. This is not a fault of the range. If you do not want the public looking at your firearms, do not take them to a public range. The only thing you bring up that might be problematic is the knowledge of the volunteers, and if that is the case, it is nothing that a little education could not fix.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    What's in the bag that you can hide from others as you shot it?

The booths arent enclosed so anyone walking past can eye up your 2,000 dollar AR or 400 1911.

scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    What's in the bag that you can hide from others as you shot it?

The booths arent enclosed so anyone walking past can eye up your 2,000 dollar AR or 400 1911.

It's actually a modified bag with a shoulder thing that goes up. All you have to do is squeeze the handle and them steel-core cop-seeking bullets just come flying out like bees from a hive, off to dispatch the Paul Blarts of the world. It's mil-surp.

Not_Disapproved

Known Defiler
    Jul 3, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Re:

I'll guess I'll take your word for it, but repackaging steel ammo sure sounds like a whole lot of work to shoot crap. If it's that important, than the guy in front of me should have been checked too, right? Yep, now that I've read your replies, arming college kids with little training and putting them in a situation where they could end up shooting civilians sounds like a great idea. I'm sure once a jury heard how Freestate is the neato-est, bestest, greatest range in the whole wide world, they'd never allow a bunch of lawyers to sue them into oblivion.

As far as supporting Freestate goes, I don't want to hear it. As evidenced by this very post, any fool can type stuff on the internet. Early on, I can remember many an evening being the only guy on the range for hours. How many of you people waited until it was clear that they were going to make it before you dropped the $250 for a membership? Quite a few,judging by the waiting times I'm seeing.

Regardless, I'm the biggest prick that I've ever met, so I'm not real worried about whether I get to be one of the cool kids on MDShooters.com. Now that Freestate seems to have turned the corner financially, I see a way to make a good range better. If you can't respect my right to voice my opinion, go pound sand. My goal was to plant the seed and it's pretty clear that I got my wish.

mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    OP, while I may not agree with everything you said, I don't dispute the fact that you have a right to say it. No matter which IP you find fault with, you'll have a hundred fan boys telling you how wrong you are.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    OP, while I may not agree with everything you said, I don't dispute the fact that you have a right to say it. No matter which IP you find fault with, you'll have a hundred fan boys telling you how wrong you are.

And maybe a few quiet people who completely agree and don't say anything at all. It's probably true :)

CGrant726

Feb 24, 2009
    North Harford Co
    Do you know how much training these part timers have? Or is it because they are "college kids" they can not be proficient with firearms? I've only been there once, but it seems to me if the owners, who are skilled shooters, trust these guys, shouldn't that suffice?

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    CGrant726 said:
    Do you know how much training these part timers have? Or is it because they are "college kids" they can not be proficient with firearms? I've only been there once, but it seems to me if the owners, who are skilled shooters, trust these guys, shouldn't that suffice?

18 is old enough to be proficient to shoot at enemies of the USA, why shouldn't it be old enough to work, handle, or carry at a shop?

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    I'll guess I'll take your word for it, but repackaging steel ammo sure sounds like a whole lot of work to shoot crap. If it's that important, than the guy in front of me should have been checked too, right? Yep, now that I've read your replies, arming college kids with little training and putting them in a situation where they could end up shooting civilians sounds like a great idea. I'm sure once a jury heard how Freestate is the neato-est, bestest, greatest range in the whole wide world, they'd never allow a bunch of lawyers to sue them into oblivion.

As far as supporting Freestate goes, I don't want to hear it. As evidenced by this very post, any fool can type stuff on the internet. Early on, I can remember many an evening being the only guy on the range for hours. How many of you people waited until it was clear that they were going to make it before you dropped the $250 for a membership? Quite a few,judging by the waiting times I'm seeing.

Regardless, I'm the biggest prick that I've ever met, so I'm not real worried about whether I get to be one of the cool kids on MDShooters.com. Now that Freestate seems to have turned the corner financially, I see a way to make a good range better. If you can't respect my right to voice my opinion, go pound sand. My goal was to plant the seed and it's pretty clear that I got my wish.

well sounds like your better off with your local continental arms if old crusty farts is more your cup of tea. but they still check range bags and ammo:rolleyes:

they are working at a gun range with classrooms, how do you know how much "training" they recieve? your scenario with them drawing on a bad guy is just plain stupid, especially giving the fact that Randy or Mark would probably be the ones to act if necessary but then again i don't know and either do you.

i recall people trying to get memberships at the md shooters open house before they were even open for business. just like me so i think you are a little off on people waiting to see "if they will make it"

im not young, i'm not old, but christ i hope i die before i get as bitter as some of the older people on this board.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Sounds like this new guy has an axe to grind with MDS " buttkissers" and such. Perhaps a banned member back from the dead? Sounds alot like TZOIDs complaints.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Can't be borat and mcbayne employee, the last time I stepped into that place hhad young dudes wearing firearms.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom