• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheat36

May 24, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Maryland Shooter Studs and Studdettes (as if thats a real word)

Today in the mail, I finally received my CCW disapproval notice. I was one of the 300ish who fell in the middle of Judge Legg's declaration of Not Constitutional and the stay. I was wondering if they were ever going to get around to informing me.

I have a few overhead questions for the group;
    1. Have any of the other 300ish not been informed? This is an extremely long time to wait, I would think.
    2. I meet all requirements of the cited Title 5-306 except for subparagraph a 5 ii which states, has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger. UNBELIEVABLY subjective so much as to I cannot believe this could be upheld. NO METRICS to be judged equally, period.
    3. I want to request the informal board. I want to put on my Army Dress Uniform and make them say to my face, No. No, you cannot exercise your Constitutional right to bear arms. The same right I have spent 7 full combat tours defending over the last 29 years of active duty.

I have 10 days to request the review.

Rant over

Thoughts???

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

Today in the mail, I finally received my CCW disapproval notice. I was one of the 300ish who fell in the middle of Judge Legg's declaration of Not Constitutional and the stay. I was wondering if they were ever going to get around to informing me.

1. Have any of the other 300ish not been informed? This is an extremely long time to wait, I would think.
    2. I meet all requirements of the cited Title 5-306 except for subparagraph a 5 ii which states, has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger. UNBELIEVABLY subjective so much as to I cannot believe this could be upheld. NO METRICS to be judged equally, period.
    3. I want to request the informal board. I want to put on my Army Dress Uniform and make them say to my face, No. No, you cannot exercise your Constitutional right to bear arms. The same right I have spent 7 full combat tours defending over the last 29 years of active duty.

Rant over

Thoughts???

Request the informal. You want to use as many of the steps allowed you as possible.

But note... Several people have requested the informal (mailed 7/10 for me), and have heard nothing back.

It sounds like they may be freeing up resources. Will be interesting to see.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    I want to put on my Army Dress Uniform and make them say to my face, No. No, you cannot exercise your Constitutional right to bear arms. The same right I have spent 7 full combat tours defending over the last 29 years of active duty.

Thank you for your service!

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Do it. In uniform ( Alphas). And take your wife and children with you. And have them tell you in your collective faces that they are not worthy of being defended by a trained, conscious, productive, exemplary citizen. Do it.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I too think it is a great idea. Thank You.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    While agree that you should request the hearing and go in uniform, I don't think it will make a difference. They simply don't care. The average citizen means nothing to them. :mad54:
    Not trying to sound negative, just the way I see it.
    Thank you very much for your service.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    Thank you for your service. I have had my informal and formal reviews already and am waiting on my final (Disapproved) decision. The informal and formal process are both jokes. The board isnt interested in discussing the law or rights. They just see you do not have G&S and decide on that alone

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Do it. In uniform ( Alphas). And take your wife and children with you. And have them tell you in your collective faces that they are not worthy of being defended by a trained, conscious, productive, exemplary citizen. Do it.

^^^This

Full Army dress blues, especially if you were infantry (the blue circles and shoulder chord really set it off) and with your family and record it. They will still tell you no, but maybe you'll give them a little but of pause.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    in uniform - family - and try and get a reporter and maybe even camera to join in - - seems to me it would make a great news story.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    When was the G&S requirement drawn up and enforced? I'm just trying to learn a little and see if there is a way to petition for other G&S reasons to be added. I am not sure we can get rid of the G&S, but maybe we can push the door open a little more to get some more people their permits.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware

Rant over

Thoughts???
    what a ****ing joke! All I can really say is thank you for your service! I greatly appreciate all you have done!

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Up until SCOTUS refused to hear Woollard, the only real purpose for appealing to the reviews was to keep apps active in hopes of a positive finding . If you do not have anything vaguely resembling G&S you are now wasting your time.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I would suggest calling Fox news to be around the day of your informal hearing. I'm not sure if they can ban cameras during the meeting, but that would be a striking graphic. "30 year Army veteran denied right to bear arms".

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    First, thanks for your service. I think you should try and this would be a good way to get information to the voters who just don't know the facts (if we can get this story in the news) or if you do not mind.
    This may be a good opportunity to at least gather support. Good luck and keep us informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom