• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I got a chance to take the new rifle out this weekend. I got a Remington 710 in 30-06. DO NOT let this become a "710 is a piece of crap..." thread. I repsect you all, and I know the 700 is relatively cheap, and I coulda...shoulda...woulda.... If you have that strong of an opinion, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. Just be happy for me....(I know sounds kinda ghey, not that that's a bad thing, I'm not judging...:lol2:)

I bought it in early Feb, but never got out to shoot it, the wife and kids always had plans for me on the weekends. It shoots pretty damned good. I tas at Delta so I only had 100 yds but it hit the mark every time once I got it sighted in. My brother was spotting for me and calling it(left, right, low, high, and a ref point on the target). Once it was dialed in I took a few shots and could have sworn I hit the mark. My brother siad he thought I hit the target too but couldn't see anything. Well we called a cold range so folks could change their targets and my brother ambled downrange. As he was coming back up he had a sheepish grin on his face. I asked him "what?", and he said "you couldn't see the holes because they were all in the A(which I had colored red with a marker to stand out and give me a point of ref). I felt pretty good about this, since I was worried that I might be a little rusty, but it looks like I still got it!!!!!(OR it was just one of those rare good days for me) Either way, I am happy with the rifle, it can be accurate and hit what you aim for.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    They're great for what they are, a hunting rifle. Enjoy, take a few deer/bear/elk with it!

+1 Sold mine without ever shooting it to my best friend, he has only had one minor issue with it and Remington took care of him by sending the part no questions asked

It shoots well out to about 200, not QUITE as good as maybe a true 700 but well enough to take most game no problems

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Great shooting. I learned long time ago. Never judge a rifle by others opinions.
    Just by your results. Your results prove themself.
    Going to use it for a hunting or target gun?:)

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Great shooting. I learned long time ago. Never judge a rifle by others opinions.
    Just by your results. Your results prove themself.
    Going to use it for a hunting or target gun?:)

Thanks, I agree 100%. There are a ton of knowledgeable folks here and I do value their opinion. I think I posted I was looking at it and that started the whole 700 vs 710/770 debate. I have seen that debate on other forums as well. I knew going in it was not a precision rig, and that is not what i wanted it for.

I plan on doing a little of both with it and I think it will serve it's purpose well for that.

Later I do plan on getting a 700, but for now this will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom