• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aab23c

Dec 22, 2012
    PG County
    Utah that is. Been waiting since January. Too bad this shitty state does not recognize...now I just need to move to a state that does :-)

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    I took my class and had my papers sent in on President's Day. Hoping that the end of April, beginning of May has a treat in store for me!

fnfalsar48

Feb 27, 2011
    Virginia
    Utah is a great State to visit. When we think of taking a vacation we should only consider visiting and spending our money in States that support the 2A. Let's support our friends and boycott our enemies.

I agree with you. Two and a half years ago when I got mine I spent 2 weeks in Utah. The first week elk hunting, where I shot a 350 2/8 bull and another week hiking the parks. GREAT trip

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    My Utah CCW permit came in the mail last week too. I'm happy about that for sure. But on the other hand it just underscores the disadvantages of living in this messed up State. Yin and yang, I guess.

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Utah that is. Been waiting since January. Too bad this shitty state does not recognize...now I just need to move to a state that does :-)

What is the reason you decided on Utah instead of Virginia?

I am about to apply out of state too and obviously would like to apply to the state that is most advantageous.

Hatter

NEWB - Slack Appreciated!
    Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    Thanks,

So the dicision is based soley on the number/locations of other states that will honor it?

That was the advice I got when I started asking a few months ago. I am still getting into the sport myself, and possibly planning a move to a "Shall Issue"state. Rather than getting a local permit I was told that the Utah permit would be more useful since I do travel a lot for work.

The other caution they had for me was to be aware of local laws that may over-riide state laws (as I recall they used Chicago as an example).

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Thanks,

So the dicision is based soley on the number/locations of other states that will honor it?

Exactly Ken. If you plan to stay in MD for awhile, Utah is your best option. Even if you move out of MD you should keep the Utah permit as it's the most honored permit available.

I plan to move to NC within the next 5 years and will get my in-state NC permit while continuing to renew my Utah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom