• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I ordered this one back in November (06!) during Correia's last Springfield group buy. Despite his best efforts, it took four month for me to get my gun! It was well worth the wait. The Rhines' did my transfer and were absolutely great to deal with. I even managed to score an Ed Brown MSH from them during my "anti-shooting-spree" waiting period. John and Chris were great to deal with. They showed me how to feild strip it without making the "Idiot Scratch" and swapped my MSH for me.

Now for a couple pics:
    SA1911-A1021.jpg

SA1911-A1035.jpg

SA1911-A1037.jpg

:D

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Chris is a really good guy. Nice looking 1911 you picked up there.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Well I guess this gun is good to go then:
    SA1911-A1018.jpg

The first magazine (7rnds) I fired from this gun at 30'. Should be a very accurate gun once I learn to shoot it!

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    Grats on the new addition. How's the trigger surface on yours? I recently sent my SA to the factory or custom shop (depending on whether or not SA considers it in spec) after I got tired of the thing giving me blisters and have heard others mention similar complaints fairly recently, but it quite likely could just be a bad batch that some of us got.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    The first magazine (7rnds) I fired from this gun at 30'. Should be a very accurate gun once I learn to shoot it!

I've found that 1911's handle quite differently than other semiauto handguns. It took me a long time to warm up to mine.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Simon-
    Out of the box, it had an 8lb trigger. Way too heavy for my liking. Ive only got 100rnds through it, so after another couple hundred rounds, we'll see how it is. If it doesnt get down to about 4, I'll have it 'smithed. I guess I spoiled myself by buying an S&W 686 as my first handgun.

Spot- this is my only autoloader. The pictured 686 is my only other handgun. And yes, it handles completely differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom