• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I know I've been talking about it for something like a year now, but I finally got around to ordering it. I ordered the 10140 model, comes with the cocobolo replaceable grips. Plan on turning it into a project gun.

So far, I'm planning on grips, and a vq trigger upgrade. Anything else you guys would recommend? Not going to have the time for a can since I'm going to be going away to school in the spring, and I didn't get the threaded anyway. I think I'll get one of the integrally suppressed uppers a few years down the road.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I know I've been talking about it for something like a year now, but I finally got around to ordering it. I ordered the 10140 model, comes with the cocobolo replaceable grips. Plan on turning it into a project gun.

So far, I'm planning on grips, and a vq trigger upgrade. Anything else you guys would recommend? Not going to have the time for a can since I'm going to be going away to school in the spring, and I didn't get the threaded anyway. I think I'll get one of the integrally suppressed uppers a few years down the road.

I love mine! But I also love the PAC-lite upper with it. It doesn't appear you're headed in that direction with the project. Good luck and have fun!

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I love mine! But I also love the PAC-lite upper with it. It doesn't appear you're headed in that direction with the project. Good luck and have fun!

I like the PAC-lites, but I dont really plan on having it as anything more than a range toy, practice tool, so I prefer a heavy gun for target practice. If I want a light trekking gun, my 9 is already about 7 ounces lighter than the ruger

MPDickerson101

MPDickerson101
    Jan 30, 2012
    Gotham City (Baltimore)
    I've had my 22/45 for about a month now. I have not gotten the chance for ANY range play yet, but after reading about the difficulties of dis/reassembly, I decided that I would take it down and reassemble everyday until it is second nature.

Reality set in day 5....it was more difficulty than the first time! I figure (hope) that after I run a few hundred rounds thru her, she will loosen up! ...she reminds me of one of my ex's!

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I've had my 22/45 for about a month now. I have not gotten the chance for ANY range play yet, but after reading about the difficulties of dis/reassembly, I decided that I would take it down and reassemble everyday until it is second nature.

Reality set in day 5....it was more difficulty than the first time! I figure (hope) that after I run a few hundred rounds thru her, she will loosen up! ...she reminds me of one of my ex's!

I know what you mean, I had to shoot one of my exes almost a dozen times before she shut up.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Congrats!! You will love it. I purchased mine from a member here and it's been an amazing shooter. READ THE MANUAL when it's time to disassemble/reassemble. Follow the EXACT instructions and you'll be fine.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Awesome, I just picked this up, haven't shot it yet.

69c0ecc2.jpg

MPDickerson101

MPDickerson101
    Jan 30, 2012
    Gotham City (Baltimore)
    Nice SPEED3! My GF wants one for us to shoot together (Jedi mind trick). I'll probably shoot it more than her though :) Just waiting for Maryland gun shops to start selling them (MD-roster approval). How does she shot? I held one 2 weeks ago.....felt nice!

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Took you long enough u have been talking about it forever. I love mine was my first handgun.

Has somewhere around 5000K through it.

MPDickerson101

MPDickerson101
    Jan 30, 2012
    Gotham City (Baltimore)
    First order of business, magazines. At least 2 extra. Anyone know a place where they're pretty cheap?

MidwayUSA had a sale that ended 06/30 for $16.99+s/h. There regular price is $18.99 and are currently on b/o. I have not seen them any lower. The last Dulles gun show, they were $22.

If you find them cheaper, please let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tse3gbs

Latest threads

Top Bottom