• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    Evening gents,

I put together my sweet Engage lowers with some LPKs and want to finish them off to put stocks and eventually uppers on them (next year when I have cash). I know that I need a buffer tube and buffer spring, but not sure on the other exact parts.

I want to get these few smaller parts so everything is nice and ready to go for when I can grab the upper and it would be ideal to order them all together or pick up together at an IP. If anyone can provide the final list and if the manufacturer matters let me know, i'd be grateful.
    And yes I did check the AR guides here, they have lower install information but skimp between that and upper installation.

THANKS

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Finishing off your lower ... this surely can not be taken out of context :D

Do you have a grip?

Sounds like all you need is the buffer weight, buffer tube, and buffer spring, but along with those you'll also need the end plate and castle nut.

You probably still have the buffer retainer pin & spring, as well as the selector switch detent, and detent spring leftover from your LPK. If so, keep those in a safe place until you're ready to complete the lower.

Better yet, a picture would help. No one can know for sure what all came with your LPK.

Edit: corrected takedown pin to selector switch.

Last edited:

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    Finishing off your lower ... this surely can not be taken out of context :D Do you have a grip? Sounds like all you need is the buffer weight, buffer tube, and buffer spring, but along with those you'll also need the end plate and castle nut. You probably still have the buffer retainer pin & spring, as well as the take down pin, detent, and detent spring leftover from your LPK. If so, keep those in a safe place until you're ready to complete the lower. Better yet, a picture would help. No one can know for sure what all came with your LPK.

I do have the grip and saved those parts from my LPK.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Depending on the stock you may not need the end plate and castle nut. The A2 and Ace fixed skeleton stocks take a normal rifle buffer and buffer tube, no end plate or castle nut.

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    Right on.

Buffer tube, spring, buffer weight, end plate and castle but should be all that is needed to complete your lower. Cheers!

By buffer weight you mean one of these? I guess dependent on my gas tube length rifle/mid/carbine?

Thanks!

Attachments

• AR buffers.jpg
      AR buffers.jpg
      80.6 KB · Views: 188

silanehead

Sarcastic Member
    Oct 24, 2012
    Dundalk
    By buffer weight you mean one of these? I guess dependent on my gas tube length rifle/mid/carbine?

No, type of stock. Top is for collapsible, bottom is for fixed rifle.

mazinger

Feb 11, 2013
    Columbia
    since you're in parkville, freestate range carries various small parts for the build although selection is limited.

spikes has a 7075 carbine buffer tube kit that comes with their T2 buffer for $70 @ Jobbob's when in-stock. it's a nice one for the money & their T2 buffer should work well with most configurations.

if you have an engage lower, get their upper to match. your typical mil-spec upper will fit, but it's not going to look so good on that lower with extra meat on the receiver.

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    since you're in parkville, freestate range carries various small parts for the build although selection is limited.

spikes has a 7075 carbine buffer tube kit that comes with their T2 buffer for $70 @ Jobbob's when in-stock. it's a nice one for the money & their T2 buffer should work well with most configurations.

if you have an engage lower, get their upper to match. your typical mil-spec upper will fit, but it's not going to look so good on that lower with extra meat on the receiver.

STALKER!! Lol thanks I'll check that out. I have considered the Engage uppers but not sure I'd be comfortable putting an upper together. Plus knowing which parts and pieces to get, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom