• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Anyone heard of this facility? I don't think I have a ton of options here around OCMD.

Anyone heard of this facility? I don't think I have a ton of options here around OCMD.

Look up Kenpo333 on MDS. He is an IP and his business is in Salisbury. ?Atlantic Firearms Training?

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    For anyone within range and in need of the 16 hours, Hafer's just opened up reservations for September W&C training sessions.

ETA: Probably out of range for the OP, but posted for others.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It might be a little looser during the current training for W&C scramble , but you're skirting at self promotion w/o Industry Partner status .

But meanwhile since this has been opened , where is the location of these classes ? I looked at website but didn't see location ( or prices) ?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I'd like to offer a very positive review of the course taught by Jonathan Bennett from United Gun Shop/LTTC Safety LLC. https://www.lttcsafety.com
    I just finished the two day W&C course, and picked up a lot of good information that I never got in several other courses taught by other trainers in the area over the past few years.

Rather than rely on just the dry NRA PPOTH boilerplate that some folks use, as a retired LEO Jonathan brings lots of real life examples of situations involving self defense, and has some appropriate videos that give the class the chance to evaluate them as a jury might.

The range portion of the class occupied the entire second day, and involved a LOT of shooting one of the most unusual pistols I've ever used, a Glock G17T (trainer) that uses simunition. I was skeptical at first about shooting a blue gun, but all it took was one mag and I was hooked. These things are amazing! Quiet, low recoil, no obvious smoke, and they operate just like a 'real' pistol.

We had a very small class (about 15 people) and that allowed the instructors to give each of us a lot of attention. Student experience levels ran from a seasoned Special Police guy (amazing marksman, BTW) to someone who had never even held or shot a pistol (who went from zero to pretty impressive for a first timer). Everybody got the time and attention they wanted and needed, and nobody felt left out.

Safety was emphasized, and there wasn't a single moment where I was concerned by anybody's gun handling. Lots of good supervision, and using simunition added to the safety and overall enjoyment of the range experience.

There might be a long wait to get one of Jonathan's classes, and I'd encourage folks to be patient. It'll be a good way to get your certification for the W&C application.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just to clarify ; was the Simunition an Additional training aid , or was day two all Sim ?

Gorba

Deplorable Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 24, 2018
    Annapolis
    I'd like to offer a very positive review of the course taught by Jonathan Bennett from United Gun Shop/LTTC Safety LLC. https://www.lttcsafety.com
    I just finished the two day W&C course, and picked up a lot of good information that I never got in several other courses taught by other trainers in the area over the past few years.

Rather than rely on just the dry NRA PPOTH boilerplate that some folks use, as a retired LEO Jonathan brings lots of real life examples of situations involving self defense, and has some appropriate videos that give the class the chance to evaluate them as a jury might.

The range portion of the class occupied the entire second day, and involved a LOT of shooting one of the most unusual pistols I've ever used, a Glock G17T (trainer) that uses simunition. I was skeptical at first about shooting a blue gun, but all it took was one mag and I was hooked. These things are amazing! Quiet, low recoil, no obvious smoke, and they operate just like a 'real' pistol.

We had a very small class (about 15 people) and that allowed the instructors to give each of us a lot of attention. Student experience levels ran from a seasoned Special Police guy (amazing marksman, BTW) to someone who had never even held or shot a pistol (who went from zero to pretty impressive for a first timer). Everybody got the time and attention they wanted and needed, and nobody felt left out.

Safety was emphasized, and there wasn't a single moment where I was concerned by anybody's gun handling. Lots of good supervision, and using simunition added to the safety and overall enjoyment of the range experience.

There might be a long wait to get one of Jonathan's classes, and I'd encourage folks to be patient. It'll be a good way to get your certification for the W&C application.
    Informative and very well written. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Just to clarify ; was the Simunition an Additional training aid , or was day two all Sim ?
    More than you asked, but this might better answer the subsequent questions. Since the G17T is on the MD roster, it qualifies as a handgun and is therefore acceptable for that portion of the training. And yes, that's all we shot on day 2. FWIW and much to my surprise, it IS a real handgun: the slide and magazine look like they'd work on a standard G17, the cartridge has a metal case, primer and some sort of propellant (I couldn't smell anything like cordite or gunpowder), plus a plastic projectile. Besides the advantage of safety, it allows training in places other than a dedicated indoor gun range (in our case, an airsoft facility). There's no perceived smoke, almost no noise, it is a firearm that is indistinguishable from a G17 in size, weight and ergonomics, fits in the same holsters, and functions exactly the same. Although it isn't mentioned in their advertising, I think it would be a huge selling point for new shooters seeking training. I love my traditional handguns, but would gladly use a G17T for training again.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Mel at Tactical Shepherd in Rising Sun mentioned tonight at Church that he has open seats on two different classes, 11/17-18 and 12/15-16 if anyone is interested in coming to Cecil County.

Last edited:

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I’ve got openings on Oct 29-30, Nov 12-13, and Dec 10-11. 250.00 for the course and I’d be happy to talk to anyone about the course.

TD

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom