• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    yeah.. was about to do the same on my first reloads.. instead i let crazy al shoot them for me.. :lol2:

Your not the only one that's done that... :innocent0

Have fun and stay safe OP, it's a rewarding second-hobby - as long as you don't get too carried away with load development, don't ask... :o

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'll be around. Sticking close to home, probably reloading some more 300BLK.

1 lbs. of titegroup, ready and waiting. ;)

ETA: Having a crazyal moment - what kind of .308 bullets you got laying around?? :innocent0

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I'll be around. Sticking close to home, probably reloading some more 300BLK.

1 lbs. of titegroup, ready and waiting. ;)

ETA: Having a crazyal moment - what kind of .308 bullets you got laying around?? :innocent0

Made or reloading? I typically have 150, 168 and 175s.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Thought about experimenting some, so just loose rounds.

A caliber I have yet to pick up for myself, .308 - damn me being southpaw on rifles.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head

Here's a picture of some of my first (.308) .30 cal casts. I use these in my 30-06 and 300 WIN Mag plinker/target reloads. I don't recall the mold number but it is a Lee. It took a while to get this mold to act properly. My .300 WIN Mag reload has already taken a Montana Elk 2 years ago. I was very happy to hear that report. Sorry, I just had to drop my $0.02 on the conversation.

Attachments

• .30 CAL CAST BOOLITS.jpg
      .30 CAL CAST BOOLITS.jpg
      74 KB · Views: 114
    • 30-06 160 GRAIN.jpg
      30-06 160 GRAIN.jpg
      43.6 KB · Views: 107

Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    Congratulations on your first test! I'm really enjoying the reloading section and reading the "My first..." posts - will probably try to get into it myself around tax time.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Congratulations on your first test! I'm really enjoying the reloading section and reading the "My first..." posts - will probably try to get into it myself around tax time.

start collecting brass as much as you can.. it will save you few $$, instead of buying.

FKuehl

Sep 9, 2012
    Fired our first 200 rounds of 115g 9mm reloads with Bullseye powder. MySig P226 ate it up, but son's XDM had several primer strikes but no percussion, he stopped using them. Know that the XDM manual warns against reloads, but have seen many posters who use them. Finished bullets were to spec re. Weight, OAL, etc.

Any of you have any tips to share?

Thanks.

Btw... Used our new Dillon 550B and enjoyed the process.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    I have never had a squib or a double charge in my years of reloading, but I have caught myself in my Q&A process. I always measure the charges at the same time, and then with them all lined up in a case tray, I shine a light in each and compare it to the rest to look for a case whose level of powder is higher or lower than the rest.
    Congrats on your first batch and prepare to reload for all your different calibers.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I had the same issue with my first 9mm reloads in my Glock, turned out the crimp was too tight so the round was able to travel too far down the barrel and the striker couldn't get enough of the primer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom