• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tridentmp30

Jan 26, 2015
    First I would like to thank Tyler Firearms in Halethorpe MD for getting me the FDE Glock 19. He was a pleasure to do business with.

I picked up a couple 100ct boxes of winchester 115 white box from bass pro yesterday, and also installed my new Dawson Precision competition sights last night. Then I was off to MSAR this morning to try her out. I have to say, I am new to Glock, but I have HK and SIG in my stable. The Glock not only stacks up to them, it outshines them in many ways. This gun is a joy to shoot. The new Gen4 recoil system is fantastic. Very soft shooter for its size. I was routinely putting together 10 shot 2-3" groupings off hand from 9-15 yards. I tried some 25 yard shots, but the light level was too low in MSAR, I couldn't get a good sight picture because the wasn't enough light to get the fiber lit up. I got the only 25 yard grouping I tried to 9-10" which I didn't think was too bad considering it was my first outing with the gun, and the lighting issues.

So to recap, great gun, great sights, and great industry partner.

Attachments

• 1423427737220.jpg
      1423427737220.jpg
      87.5 KB · Views: 498
    • 1423427932652.jpg
      1423427932652.jpg
      48.3 KB · Views: 494
    Last edited:

tridentmp30

Jan 26, 2015
    Yeah, he was nice enough to help me source it, I paid for it and had it shipped to his store, then he did the paperwork for me he even threw in the collectors paperwork as well, so I don't have to wait 30 days for my next purchase.

I love the FDE color, but I have to say it got dirty after 200 rounds, definetly more time consuming on the clean up than my black guns. But over all worth it. Now I just need to figure out the cleanest ammo to shoot out of it to reduce fouling

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    WWB ammo is dirty anyway. My opinion, it's some of the dirtiest ammos you can buy. Congrats on a fine handgun. Have you tried changing out the different back straps on the grip?

Jim Smith

Last edited:

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Yeah, he was nice enough to help me source it, I paid for it and had it shipped to his store, then he did the paperwork for me he even threw in the collectors paperwork as well, so I don't have to wait 30 days for my next purchase.

I love the FDE color, but I have to say it got dirty after 200 rounds, definetly more time consuming on the clean up than my black guns. But over all worth it. Now I just need to figure out the cleanest ammo to shoot out of it to reduce fouling

Grats on your FDE G19!! I love mine too, the more I shoot it the more it grows on me.
    Ammo aside, ever try Fireclean?

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Nope, never heard of it. I will look it up though. Have you had good results?

Yeah makes clean up a breeze. I have tried a bunch of different products including frog lube, and I plan on buying another bottle of fireclean when this one runs out.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Does the gun come with all those back straps? Sure has changed since 2nd Gen.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    if you liked how it shot with 115gr ammo, then wait till you try some subsonic (147gr) ammo through her. smooth shooting IMHO.

tridentmp30

Jan 26, 2015
    That's my next purchase, 147 grain. Very interested in seeing performance. Figure the 115 grain was shooting a little low with my preferred sight picture, maybe 147 brings it up to perfection

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That's my next purchase, 147 grain. Very interested in seeing performance. Figure the 115 grain was shooting a little low with my preferred sight picture, maybe 147 brings it up to perfection

It's probably not the ammo. Are you shooting low left of your point of aim? If so, you are jerking the trigger instead of squeezing it. A very common mistake for shooters.

Good Luck!
    Jim Smith

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That is sweet, I have seen those before and drool. Never thought you could dress up a glock.

tridentmp30

Jan 26, 2015
    I'm not shooting low left at all, the above target was normal for the day. The target is sideways in the picture. All hits are in line with bullseye center, just between 2" low to spot on.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I was at Tyler's picking up my ar the other day and chuck had another FDE glock 19 in stock. I almost added it to my collection.

Go for it. Buy when you see something you like, because if you wait, it may take some time to find that exact style, color featured firearm.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom