• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Like the title says, I promised to get my 9-year old daughter a compound hunting bow for Christmas. Looking for reliable archery shops within reasonable driving distance of Central MD that will take their time in helping us figure out the best bow for her. I want to buy once, cry once. So I’m not adverse to spending the cash, just want something that she will be able to learn on and use to hunt as she grows up.

Thanks in advance.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Like the title says, I promised to get my 9-year old daughter a compound hunting bow for Christmas. Looking for reliable archery shops within reasonable driving distance of Central MD that will take their time in helping us figure out the best bow for her. I want to buy once, cry once. So I’m not adverse to spending the cash, just want something that she will be able to learn on and use to hunt as she grows up.

Thanks in advance.

Lancaster archery is worth the drive but I would call first. They have a ton of bows for you daughter to shoot. I’ve run into people from Virginia Delaware and New York there getting shopping and getting their hunting rigs tested.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Lancaster is the big spot.

A smaller, closer, place is new beginnings archery on 134 by Gettysburg. I believe the owners name is Adam. He unscrewed a bow that another shop really messed up, made up excellent arrows, and took the time to tune the bow with me shooting it on his indoor range (paper tune first, then on target). Great service from a small.shop.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I guess it depends on what you mean by 'central MD'.

MacroTech is on Ft Smallwood Road at Hilltop Rd in Orchard Beach. I've been in there a few times and while I never needed technical advice or work, they have always had a good reputation and pricing seems fair.

https://www.macrotecharcherymd.com/

Their hours are odd and I'd suggest setting up an appointment if you need personal attention and/or have far to drive.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Jefferson Archery in Jefferson. I’ll save you a couple minutes, they’re on 340 south of Frederick. Here goes with the Len bashing, Macrotech is less than 15 minutes away, but I’ll drive an hour to Jefferson. Len knows his sheet though, and is convinced it doesn’t stink.
    I’m pretty sure most if not all manufacturers at this point make bows with a lot of adjustment. Wouldn’t get hung up on names. Go to a shop that will let her test a lot of models. Only hit Bass Pro if that’s in your plans after you have narrowed the field. I think you’ll get better info and instruction from a local archery shop.

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Thanks to everyone that replied to this thread. We took the 1.5 hour drive up to Lancaster today and we were not disappointed. Chase (he was AMAZING) spent almost two hours helping us select a bow that was appropriate for my 9 year old and we settled on a Diamond Prism. She absolutely LOVES it and the first thing she asked to do when we got home after spending 2 hours in the car because of the snow was to shoot it in the basement. I think she is hooked.
    IMG_5856.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom