• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fess Parkerized

Feb 27, 2013
    Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
    I know, :needpics:

This will have to do until I receive it!

Happy Happy!

Attachments

• mosin_pic_single_1.jpg
      mosin_pic_single_1.jpg
      15.2 KB · Views: 292

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    It may be a funny looking gun but I do love my Mosins. I thought mines bores were pitted a bit, especially going through WWII. Than I bought a foaming bore cleaner that said it would remove copper fouling. I swapped the bore dry, plugged the breach end and pored the cleaner down the muzzle. I let it sit for a few hours and gave it a good scrubbing. You ought to seen the crud that came out. The bores were all shiny with just some very slight pitting, the rifling was still raised and sharp. Great guns for the price. I am stock piling the surplus ammo, it won't last forever. Remember how Brit .303 was once dirt cheap?

Jibriel

Nov 7, 2012
    Howard County
    It may be a funny looking gun but I do love my Mosins. I thought mines bores were pitted a bit, especially going through WWII. Than I bought a foaming bore cleaner that said it would remove copper fouling. I swapped the bore dry, plugged the breach end and pored the cleaner down the muzzle. I let it sit for a few hours and gave it a good scrubbing. You ought to seen the crud that came out. The bores were all shiny with just some very slight pitting, the rifling was still raised and sharp. Great guns for the price. I am stock piling the surplus ammo, it won't last forever. Remember how Brit .303 was once dirt cheap?

I desperately need to get around to doing this to my Type 53. Do you remember what brand of bore cleaner you used?

I've also seen people do a bore-only electrolysis procedure. Looks pretty interesting. Nothing I'd be comfortable trying though, at least not yet.

Fess Parkerized

Feb 27, 2013
    Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
    Picked it up Friday! FFL transfer by Cory and Matt at United Gun Shop in Rockville, a new IP: http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=208.

Dated 1941, Izhevsk armory. Essentially no Cosmoline, matching numbers for receiver, barrel, bolt, trigger group, and butt plate. Came iwith tools and bayonet. I was pretty amazed at how uncomplicated it is.

Very happy!:)

Attachments

• Mosin Nagant R.jpg
      Mosin Nagant R.jpg
      14.5 KB · Views: 172
    • Mosin Nagant L.jpg
      Mosin Nagant L.jpg
      15.4 KB · Views: 171
    • Receiver 1.jpg
      Receiver 1.jpg
      48.6 KB · Views: 158

Users who are viewing this thread