• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marylandgrdnr

May 7, 2011
    Frederick
    As the topic says this is my very first post and I wanted to share some news.

I've submitted my application for the permit. I'm going for the making deposits reason.

I'm a GM at a local restaurant and handle many deposits every week. Going to and from the bank o na daily basis. I've attached over 30 copies of random receipts from previous months as well as our traders license, a letter from the owner, photos and the whole shabang. I've taken the Utah permit course and hunters safety as a kid.

I wonder what my chances are.

thanks for reading!

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I would say your chances are very good; that said, your permit will be restricted to when you are going to the bank.

'

MD=What 2nd Amendment?

S&W Fanboy. I admit it.
    Jun 3, 2011
    Allegany County

I've submitted my application for the permit. I'm going for the making deposits reason.

I'm a GM at a local restaurant and handle many deposits every week. Going to and from the bank o na daily basis. I've attached over 30 copies of random receipts from previous months as well as our traders license, a letter from the owner, photos and the whole shabang. I've taken the Utah permit course and hunters safety as a kid.

thanks for reading!

50/50 shot since you have a letter from a business owner and he is requesting that you (a supervisor) are armed. It also helps that you are making large deposits consistantly.

It will not be a full permit though. Very likely it will be a very restricted permit that only allows you to carry while on business premises and to and from the bank when you are depositing sums of money.

Although you never know with the Republic of Maryland. We just had a fellow MDS member who is a Physician's Assistant and can write scripts for high street value and high addiction rate pain medicines (Hydrocodone, Morphine, Dilaudid, Percocet, Oxycontin, Oxycodone, etc.) get denied. :sad20:

You'll have an interview in a couple months then a couple months after that you'll get a verdict from the MSP. Just be prepared to file a petition to request a formal hearing after denial. :tdown:

Sorry I am so pessimistic but I live in Maryland where the glass is always half empty and when it comes to 2A rights it is so empty it is time for a refill.

Tom43491

Dec 9, 2009
    Timonium
    I would say that you are in one of the few states that will deny you the permit. Go Maryland! Land of the free! Right... :mad54:

Walter

May 23, 2010
    They will grant you a permit because it is in their best interest to protect their tax dollars.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I hope you get it that means less robbers I have to catch because you shot them for me!!!! Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Srsanbo

Massive Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    Here's hoping you get it.

And should you ever get stopped for speeding while carrying during banking ours..."My apologies, officer, I was just hurrying to the bank to make a deposit...."

There was a topic about the NRA lawsuit Shepard v Madigan against the state of Illinois. Do you think that Mary Shepard would be given a LTC if this had happened andshe were in Maryland. She was severly beaten, almost killed, when attacked at the church in Illinois where she was the secretary. She has a non-resident LTC from Pennsylvania and also either Utah or Florida. Neither of course allows her to carry in Illinois.

Do any of your Maryland politicians get armed guards provided like they do if you are the Chicago mayor, county board president, former mayor (Daley) and at least one alderman?

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I still think one of the best ways we can push change is for more to apply for the permits. Even if denied it will eat into the percentage they like to brag about of how many are granted. If suddenly we had a 5% rate of permits being granted maybe someone would notice. Of course, maybe they really would grant more permits too................I know crazy.

I wonder what Mds number of applicants look like compared to other states. Could it be the numbers say not enough Mders are interested in CCW?

Good luck.

marylandgrdnr

May 7, 2011
    Frederick
    update: Certified mail return receipt confirms delivery

i expect the permit to be restricted but what if i work everyday? I always go in to check on things...

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    i expect the permit to be restricted but what if i work everyday? I always go in to check on things...

I don't think it matters if you work a 9-5 or not or a traditional 40 hour week, it's just you have to be in the action of going to or coming from work, or going to or coming from the bank.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Miles- interesting thought.

Keep us posted. I am interested because I was thinking about doing the same thing. I haven't because I don't want to waste the money on getting denied.
    I have been thinking hard about a VA permit as it would be good for VA, WV and PA. I would be able to carry in every state around here except the one in which I am a resident. Gotta love MD.

Platekiller

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA

thanks for reading!

In Maryland? Better then some...
    Good Luck! :rofl:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I still think one of the best ways we can push change is for more to apply for the permits. Even if denied it will eat into the percentage they like to brag about of how many are granted. If suddenly we had a 5% rate of permits being granted maybe someone would notice. Of course, maybe they really would grant more permits too................I know crazy.

I wonder what Mds number of applicants look like compared to other states. Could it be the numbers say not enough Mders are interested in CCW?

Good luck.

It's probably infinity small. The permitting fee is like 120 dollars, and you pay rather or not you get the permit so a lot of people just don't have a the spare 120 to donate to the state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom