• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Just got back from 340 defense and first time shooting 400 yards (376 to be exact).

Like a retard I thought I would wing it with the dope and hit paper at 400 yards....hahaha, no way! Took me 20+ rounds I think to get on paper at that distance. Finally got close enough to shoot a 5 shoot group and here it is....nothing great at all, I'm sure most of ou guys can shoot this blind folded.

Don't even know how to calculate groups but the longest section is about 3". I had one bad flyer or the group would have been much smaller.

32cb68ac.jpg

Eugene, a instructor there was working with a student and put out a dueling tree at 200 and man sized target at 300. He asked me to shoot and flip the tree back over for his student. I told him i had no idea what to dope for those ranges and explained how dumb I was nearly 30 mins earlier. He whips out his phone tells me 9 clicks for 200 and 20 for 300... where the fauk was he or that app an hour ago could have saved me a box of ammo LOL. So needless to say his dope was spot on and I neve missed a target LOL.

At the end of the day, I had a blast and really like shooting longer distances! Could me a new hobby for me, but stuff is expensive haha.

Guessing my new gun is broke in now, probably around 80 rounds or so. Remington still makes good shooting guns, that's for sure.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I would call under 3/4 moa at that distance pretty good shooting. Center to center of the two shots with the largest spread is how you measure. A program called On Target makes it look cooler. Nice shooting.

Attachments

• mdshooter.jpg
      mdshooter.jpg
      48.1 KB · Views: 177
    Last edited:

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    Nicely done. I've never shot at longer ranges either. I can't imagine it's easy, especially for a first timer. What rifle did you use to take the shots with?

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I say Bravo!! once you go past a 100 yards it can be addictive!
    the next thing you know you ar looking out the window ranging everything in site!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Nicely done. I've never shot at longer ranges either. I can't imagine it's easy, especially for a first timer. What rifle did you use to take the shots with?

Honestly, it's not much different than shooting 100 yards except the wind plays a much bigger factor. I shoot my remington 700 AAC. Only thing I had to change was the trigger.
    Where did you shoot? Range?

~Scott
    These were shot at 340 defense in WV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom