• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for the generous offer! I really appreciate that! I am stunned! :D

My pleasure:D Of course...there are no guarantees you are gonna win:innocent0...but your dad probably ought to help you start accumulating parts just in case :fingerscrossed:

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    In for 10 raffle tickets. Just paid. As the very proud husband of an MSI HQL lawsuit plaintiff, I gotta support MSI. My wife loves the water, we both want to learn more about Bay fishing, and it would be awesome if we were fortunate enough to win a couple of the charter fishing slots. Regardless of the outcome, I'm glad you're making this very generous offer, and my congratulations to whoever wins.

Under a separate transaction, a check will soon be on the way to the Patriot Pickets too. (PM sent to Stoveman on that.)

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    In for 10 raffle tickets. Just paid. As the very proud husband of an MSI HQL lawsuit plaintiff, I gotta support MSI. My wife loves the water, we both want to learn more about Bay fishing, and it would be awesome if we were fortunate enough to win a couple of the charter fishing slots. Regardless of the outcome, I'm glad you're making this very generous offer, and my congratulations to whoever wins.

Under a separate transaction, a check will soon be on the way to the Patriot Pickets too. (PM sent to Stoveman on that.)

PayPal sent. Thanks for doing this!

Thank you both! List updated this morning.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    We are 1/3 of the goal, thanks!
    100 percent of this is going to MSI, I am covering fuel/bait, etc. for the trip out of pocket. I also need some input from you all! I’ve now had some pm’s suggesting or asking about different drawing options. I’ve made the offer and trying do something positive here and I committed to the trip. How about chiming in on the thread and let me know.
    Not putting any names here, but suggetions have been:
    -six individual winners from this list
    -one winner who takes their own group
    -one winner who picks others from the list

We are 1/3 of the goal, thanks!
    100 percent of this is going to MSI, I am covering fuel/bait, etc. for the trip out of pocket. I also need some input from you all! I’ve now had some pm’s suggesting or asking about different drawing options. I’ve made the offer and trying do something positive here and I committed to the trip. How about chiming in on the thread and let me know.
    Not putting any names here, but suggetions have been:
    -six individual winners from this list
    -one winner who takes their own group
    -one winner who picks others from the list

My only input is this...
    If you go with six individual winners, set a date in stone ASAP and don't budge. You will never find a date 6/6 MDS'ers will agree on. Trust me, I have been through this on several occasions.

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    Having organized a few charter trips I know it is REALLY HARD to find a date that works for everyone even when thy know each other and plan ahead. While I think the sentiment is correct to do 6 winners from the list or have the winner pick 5 others from the list it may become a huge PITA for you (Chris) and the winner(s) to actually make it happen or keep everyone happy. Imagine if you are one of the six winners and you can’t make the only date that the other 5 can. Are you out of your prize?

For the reasons above, I’d let one winner pick their own group. They can still offer the other members spots if they want to but aren’t tied to make it work for 6 individuals from different areas with different schedules and obligations.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm on the all 6 spaces to one idea. Reason being has been noted. Most times people want to bring a buddy (or two) whom they've shared other fishing and hunting trips with.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Having organized a few charter trips I know it is REALLY HARD to find a date that works for everyone even when thy know each other and plan ahead. While I think the sentiment is correct to do 6 winners from the list or have the winner pick 5 others from the list it may become a huge PITA for you (Chris) and the winner(s) to actually make it happen or keep everyone happy. Imagine if you are one of the six winners and you can’t make the only date that the other 5 can. Are you out of your prize?

For the reasons above, I’d let one winner pick their own group. They can still offer the other members spots if they want to but aren’t tied to make it work for 6 individuals from different areas with different schedules and obligations.

I agree with this. Trying to keep six individual winners happy is going to lead to a logistical nightmare for you and at least one if not more of the winners unhappy because they can't make "the" date while all the others can. Keep it simple.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Thanks for the input, im getting things from different directions. My initial idea was to do one winner, and let them choose their group. But then had others call or pm with choosing six from here, and I get it. It would be a great MDS trip, I’ve done a few in the past and its always a good time. Get a few more people to make suggestions and I’ll decide then. Thanks and keep’em coming.

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Might help if you can pick a date now, that way people who can’t make that date wouldn’t enter. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom