• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Last week I was in Quebec fishing with my friend. Normally, I am not much of a fisherman, but caught a few keepers. Were fished four separate bodies of water including two lakes, a river and a bay. We travel about two hour north of where we were staying to a cabin in Zec - Saint Patrice. This is land that belongs to the queen, that is logged, and opened to the public for hunting and fishing. I kill a bear in that Zec three years ago. There are Moose, deer, bear, wolves, coyotes, and all sorts of other game. The Zec is approximately 21 miles long by 21 wide (but not a square) in size.
    Some picture of the fish and the lake in the Zec (i forgot the name), which at one point was 100 feet deep. It was an interesting trip.
    DSC03328.jpg

DSC03326.jpg

DSC03315.jpg

DSC03312.jpg

CopyofDSC03322.jpg

Jerry

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Weather was high 50's at night with one day reaching a high of 82 degrees. We drove 13 hours with meal stops; we were not in a hurry. Non-resident fishing license for a year was $62.50, you can buy shorter duration; I am going back there on a hunt in October. One day fishing in the Zec for non-resident was $30.00. Fish were delicious.

Jerry

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Nice!

My wife and went to Algonquin for our honeymoon.

Hope to make it up there next year for our anniversary.

JnstemIII

Feb 23, 2011
    Oldtown, MD
    In Quebec??????

What does an out of Province fishing license cost? Did you drive or fly? Looks like a nice relaxing time.

I had some friends go up to canada for a week to go fishing. They just got back sunday. I dont know where in canada but they caught some pretty nice salmon.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I always wanted to go to Canada to fish - really want to do an ice fishing trip there after some Lakers, and Pike.

Looks like you had fun .. way to go!

Why not plan a trip? A former coworker used to go each Spring up there, though we were right along the border. They went to some place in central Ontario.

The only negative the guy had was the black flies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom