• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Have 2 mosins that came from Classic a few years ago and they don't bother matching them from the crate. Any suggestions on fitting them?
    My dremmel does not fit all the way inside to sand them down enough.

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    I got mine to fit by using a wedge and a hammer to expand out the main section without having to remove the bluing on that part. Just a few medium knocks with a hammer did the trick.

Then I took a small dremmel and wheel on the inside of the part that goes over the tip of the barrel as that was too tight as well. If wasnt too tight here you wouldnt have to do that part.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Think of it this way. The Bayo is pointless (LOL) unless it fits a rifle. And if I ever sell it (or my estate does) and the guy wants to see it attached I want it to fit. I think I'll try the bend method. It's also a near $0 project to occupy my hobby time

Besides when the Zombie Apocalypse hits, I'm arming my neighbors up the street with Mosins.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Yeah, but what if he needs to take a shot at a bad guy 2000 cubits away after the bayo charge from his living room? He's hosed with the measly little 1000 cubit adjustment on the 44. Best of both worlds.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    As long as we're going the precise route of bending things to make them fit properly, may I suggest using a five pound maul to slightly reduce the outer muzzle diameter?

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    I haven't tested it but apparently shooting the rifle with the bayonet increases accuracy due to the stabilization effect it has on the barrel.

So there is a reason to attach it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom