• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    So I usually express my feelings of what the short comings of the Glock are relative to me. Trigger typically isn’t an issue because I accept its design and character. Its a decent trigger. I smoothed the trigger on this one up. But that is not the ‘fix’. Anyone see it? It is the most annoying thing I experience with The Glock.
    2E53D579-EAD7-4A7B-AE90-0B7AB1B83CDD.jpeg
    AC4478D8-44A8-4050-BA6E-04ED12FEFFFD.jpeg

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Looks like you reshaped the inside of the trigger guard.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Bimbo…the big winner!

That is the most annoying thing about the Glock I can’t get past. I think the improvement is as much smoothing it out and eliminating the mold seam as well as making the cut out larger.
    DDAADF3C-3644-4BD4-BDF6-2C482F1E7DBE.jpeg
    516E26A4-F7CB-4790-8ECF-62CBF987A74C.jpeg
    1CCA8C09-1A95-4632-8994-7810704C4668.jpeg
    43A3CB07-D1FB-4468-869E-EF99DC12D7B4.jpeg

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That mold seam is bizarre. You'd think it would be cleaned off in the factory.

outrider58

Call me Gee
    MDS Supporter
    When I did P80s, those seams were always the first thing I attacked. Inside and out. The true Glocks aren't as bad and having skinny fingers, I'm not starved for room inside the trigger guards. Having longer fingers, I'm able to 'park' the outside of the trigger guard between knuckles on both my strong hand and support hand, so no real need for much guard modifications...unless I am bored.

That is the nice thing about polymer gun frames though, they are easily modified.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    That’s true, though they have their peculiarities. I fit a carbon fiber trigger to a 1911 way back. That stiff was impervious to a file. Fell like melted butter to emery cloth. After I dremeled this I used a file, then wrapped emery cloth around the file to get the flat bottom back and smooth out the curves. The way top end goes backnon these is cool…just slide it in place.

Aluminum is fun, too. I have been attacking a Taurus 92 to get it more shooter interfaced. Its aluminum. Working out well. Still a work in progress and the changes are apparent when shooting it.

I like what you mentioned about using the JB Weld as a filler/builder. Kept that in mind as I was doing this Glock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom