• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I realize there are already a couple of other events going on that day, and they are fantastic opportunities to do some community-building among our shooter friends.

I would encourage everyone not attending those to consider doing something that day with friends, to further the 2A cause in MD.

But, I have a favor to ask as a fellow shooter, NOT as a representative of MSI.

I would like to find out if there are any folks here who would be interested in doing a gathering/picnic on their own private property for a group of individuals (and families, if desired).

I am working with a couple other members on something that we feel will be very helpful going forward, but can't announce details just yet.

Anyone who is interested in hosting can PM me, and I can give you a little bit more on what we have in mind.

Mr H

OK... what I had originally been working on won't be ready, but...

I still would encourage anyone who is not already committed to one of the several events already scheduled across the state to participate.

I would ask that everyone who can legally do so (i.e., private property and not otherwise prohibited), to either open carry at home, or to take the opportunity to show your support in some way.

Take someone shooting. Clean your guns on your front porch. Anything to show that you are an unabashed supporter of your freedoms.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Might swing by the Timonium Gun Show and distribute some literature for a solid pro-2A candidate, Tim Robinson. He is going up for State Senate in District 42, the seat currently held by Jim "Turncoat" Brochin.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I will be at the gun show. Maybe I will buy something for my favorite Boy Scout Troop.

Jim Smith

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I'd love to support it in the ways that you mention however as you are aware I am holding the Pro 2A Dottrio Shooting Event that day. Best wishes to all who make other plans to support our cause for that day.

Dec 31, 2012
    .... Clean your guns on your front porch. Anything to show that you are an unabashed supporter of your freedoms.

That's been on my 'to do' list for this week. Set up a table, turn on a radio, and start shining some metal.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I would like to remind others to support the Boys Scout with their shooting program. There are THOUSANDS, if not hundreds of thousands of future gun owners within that organization. It would be great to somehow tie the NRA to the BSA. We have a renewable resource with all of the boys going through the program. The Eddie Eagle program should be a merit badge along with range safety, proficient shooting, among others.

Soap Box Mode Off
    Jim Smith

Mr H

Just a reminder that our Freedoms are not just ours by birth and Constitutional guarantee... but they are also ours to lose, if we allow it.

I hope everyone takes some time tomorrow to make a point to someone that we are paying attention, and will stand up for the things that matter most.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I'd love to support it in the ways that you mention however as you are aware I am holding the Pro 2A Dottrio Shooting Event that day. Best wishes to all who make other plans to support our cause for that day.

Enjoyed seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones. Thanks again for making it happen.

p.s. Every day is flag day at our home...Old Glory's been flying 24/7 since 9/11.

Mr H

Well, my day ended up changing on a dime, and once I got back from Timonium, I took off to do some emergency shopping for another member near DC, in desperate need of cleaning supplies.

So, I'll be in the yard, etc. tomorrow instead. Which is OK... my boys live out of state so I really had no plans as it was.

Might go bust some clays in the afternoon, if the wife is game.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Well, my day ended up changing on a dime, and once I got back from Timonium, I took off to do some emergency shopping for another member near DC, in desperate need of cleaning supplies.

So, I'll be in the yard, etc. tomorrow instead. Which is OK... my boys live out of state so I really had no plans as it was.

Might go bust some clays in the afternoon, if the wife is game.

I just spread the MDS wealth around a little today. Didn't make it to the gun show, but bought 2 rifles from a fellow MDSer today. We will meet tomorrow to do the transfer.

Now I need another 200,000 rounds of additional ammo to help feed these beasts

Isn't life sweet?
    Jim Smith

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I would like to remind others to support the Boys Scout with their shooting program. There are THOUSANDS, if not hundreds of thousands of future gun owners within that organization. It would be great to somehow tie the NRA to the BSA. We have a renewable resource with all of the boys going through the program. The Eddie Eagle program should be a merit badge along with range safety, proficient shooting, among others.

Soap Box Mode Off
    Jim Smith

There are merit badges in both rifle and shotgun shooting. Merit badges councillors must be NRA basic instructor certified. The merit badge program mirrors the NRA basic programs. NRA was and is very involved.

Mack

aka BSA Rifle and Shotgun merit badge Councillor.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom