• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    POTUS has spoken:
    START: 10/2/2015

END: 10/6/2015

US Flag to Half-Staff Honoring the Victims of the Tragedy in Roseburg, Oregon

Presidential Proclamation: Honoring the Victims of the Tragedy in Roseburg, Oregon BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA A PROCLAMATION As a mark of respect for the victims of gun violence perpetrated on October 1, 2015, in Roseburg, Oregon, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, October 6, 2015. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same length of time at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this second day of October, in the year of our Lord two thousand fifteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and fortieth. BARACK OBAMA

Sorry but this was worded specifically to politicize this tragedy. Half masting the flags for the victims, not really why you would do it but ok by me. Calling them "Victims of Gun Violence" pushing it.

Like I was reading this morning, when three muslims are killed in NC it's religious hate, but when Christians are killed in OR, it's "gun violence".

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    POTUS has spoken:

Sorry but this was worded specifically to politicize this tragedy. Half masting the flags for the victims, not really why you would do it but ok by me. Calling them "Victims of Gun Violence" pushing it.

Like I was reading this morning, when three muslims are killed in NC it's religious hate, but when Christians are killed in OR, it's "gun violence".

Exactly.

He will completely devalue 'half staff', on his way to finishing off the country.

"All this for a damned flag?!"

Sing along with Barry and Mitch!!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Recollect that the WH had to be shamed by the Congress into doing the same for the victims shot by Mohammad Abdulazeez in Chattanooga this past summer ...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/21/politics/chattanooga-victims-white-house-flag-gop/

Obama's statement then did not include sentient guns prone to committing violent acts ...

Our thoughts and prayers as a Nation are with the service members killed last week in Chattanooga. We honor their service. We offer our gratitude to the police officers and first responders who stopped the rampage and saved lives. We draw strength from yet another American community that has come together with an unmistakable message to those who would try and do us harm: We do not give in to fear. You cannot divide us. And you will not change our way of life.

We ask God to watch over the fallen, the families, and their communities. As a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless acts of violence perpetrated on July 16, 2015, in Chattanooga, Tennessee, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, July 25, 2015. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same length of time at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-first day of July, in the year of our Lord two thousand fifteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and fortieth.

BARACK OBAMA

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom