• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Has anyone recently applied for a Florida CWFL?

I did a search and say wait time in the 70's day's earlier this year.

I am on day 80.

Any input would be appreciated.

My dad live's in Florida and told me his neighbor got his in 13 days.

90gsx

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2011
    Parkville
    I applied around January/February. It took 60 days mailbox to mailbox

They have 90 days by law. You can check your status online

R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    I did check online. Still say's this

We sincerely regret the long delay in processing time. We are receiving record numbers of applications for new concealed weapon licenses, and this high demand is affecting our application processing time.

We have received your application, and it is currently being processed. You should be aware that by law our division has 90 days from the date on which we receive a complete application to either issue a license or deny the application. The 90-day time clock will be suspended if your application is found to be INCOMPLETE. The 90-day time clock will also be suspended if your background check results are inconclusive. If we need additional information or documentation from you to make your application complete or to resolve a background check issue, we will notify you by mail.

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    If its been longer than 90 days since they cashed your check or charged your credit card, call them in the legal section (phone number is on their website) and ask them if there is a problem. If anything was wrong with the form, they are sitting on it until they can get a letter out, which will take MONTHS. They are also giving out the incorrect information to people that may have inadvertently answered a question incorrectly or checked the wrong box. Some staff are telling people to fax a notarized letter in saying xxx was filled out incorrectly. But they are no longer accepting a notarized letter explaining the mistake. Since the Zimmerman arrest and trial Florida has changed their internal policy and now are requiring a new completed notarized application be faxed in. The only problem is not all employees know this and are giving out the incorrect information which further delays the approval process because the application will continued to be denied until they receive a new corrected application.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    /
    Has anyone recently applied for a Florida CWFL?

I did a search and say wait time in the 70's day's earlier this year.

I am on day 80.

Any input would be appreciated.

My dad live's in Florida and told me his neighbor got his in 13 days.

Florida moves pretty fast.

My results:
    Application rcd. in Florida on 7/29/2013
    CWFL issued on 9/6/13
    CWFL received on 9/9/13 (also rcd. Arizona on 9/9/13 but AZ was submitted at the beginning of July)

R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    I finally did receive it. I forgot all about this post.
    And Florida was the slowest for me. I got my Virginia non resident in 30 day's.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    With all of this Anti Gun Madness they must have really had a run on these. I had mine 3 years ago in 14 days, mailbox to mailbox and I was and still am living in Marylandistan....

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    I have a question. I would like to apply for the Florida Non resident permit. I have a utah permit and I believe the certificate from that class satisfies the Florida training requirement. All I need is sometime of "live fire" certificate. Do I have any options around the eastern shore to satisfy this without having to take a 200 class? Thanks for the help guys

R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    I have a question. I would like to apply for the Florida Non resident permit. I have a utah permit and I believe the certificate from that class satisfies the Florida training requirement. All I need is sometime of "live fire" certificate. Do I have any options around the eastern shore to satisfy this without having to take a 200 class? Thanks for the help guys

I would contact the instructor from your Utah class and see if he does live fire certification. I had took the NRA Basci pistol course

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom