• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I was looking for load data for some Vihtavuori N32C powder to use in .38sp and .357 rounds. The Lapua site lists two different bullet types, one being LSWC/HP and the other is FNCM. I can't find out what FNCM means. I figure the FN stands for flat nose, but what does CM stand for?

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I was looking for load data for some Vihtavuori N32C powder to use in .38sp and .357 rounds. The Lapua site lists two different bullet types, one being LSWC/HP and the other is FNCM. I can't find out what FNCM means. I figure the FN stands for flat nose, but what does CM stand for?

Fábrica Nacional de Cartuchos e Munições (National Ammunition and Cartridge Factory).

It's not a bullet type. It is a Brazilian ammunition manufacturer who created a one-off cartridge for the .440 Nagant rifle.

http://cartridgecollectors.org/?page=headstampcodes

Attachments

• fncm.jpg
      fncm.jpg
      18.9 KB · Views: 1,322

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Interesting, but in this case it IS a bullet type.

I'll give you that ( technically ) But if you send someone looking for RNFP or a SWC they'd find what they were looking for. In this case you have to go looking for the ammunitions' manufacturer name and not a bullet design.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I'll give you that ( technically ) But if you send someone looking for RNFP or a SWC they'd find what they were looking for. In this case you have to go looking for the ammunitions' manufacturer name and not a bullet design.

What does that have to do with a .357 dia projectile to be used in a .38 special? The manufacturer listed for that bullet is Gunhill

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    What does that have to do with a .357 dia projectile to be used in a .38 special? The manufacturer listed for that bullet is Gunhill

The OP stated, "I can't find out what FNCM means". So I telleded him. What it has to do with... I don't know. I just answered his specific question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom