• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    Has anybody had any experience with the FNH pistols?
    I see them in the Bass Pro adds constantly but don't know much of there quality etc.

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    I have the FNH FNP-40 Two Tone. FNH makes most of the machine guns for the military, so their quality is excellent. I enjoy shooting it.

I've put about 600 round through it without a single FTF. It's a polymer gun with a stainless steel slide (either in stainless or blued stainless). It is a little top heavy when unloaded, but once you put a full mag in and start popping off a few .40s, you'll notice that it is a well balanced pistol with very manageable recoil (for a .40). My wife loves shooting the 9mm and is looking to save up her pennies to buy one.

Not sure where you are or how close OnTarget might be for ya, but they have the FNP9 in the rental case, so you can get a feel for it. It's a good gun for the money and many have said it's the "Sleeper Sig" of the polymer guns.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    If only 5.7x28mm was affordable... those Five-seveN pistols are awesome. And Sarah Brady has a mild heart attack at the mention of its name. Armor-piercing ammo, 20-round standard capacity (flush with the grip) magazine... :drool:

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    FNH

The FNH is a great handgun! The FNH 45 will be legal for sale at the end of June. I do not stock them, due to display space, but I sure can order them.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

redduck21502

Oct 19, 2007
    Cumberland, MD
    If only 5.7x28mm was affordable... those Five-seveN pistols are awesome. And Sarah Brady has a mild heart attack at the mention of its name. Armor-piercing ammo, 20-round standard capacity (flush with the grip) magazine... :drool:

I think they only sell the armor piercing ammo to LEO and Military. What would a decent ordinary citizen want with armor piercing ammo? They have no use for it except evil. ;) Only local law enforcement and the military can be trusted with such ammo. ;) You must be some sort of terrorist or gang banger! ;) ;) ;)

They are cool looking guns though.

I have an FNP-9 on order and cannot wait to get it. Many say that the double action pull is a little heavy right out of the box, but I would rather have that first shot be heavier so that everyone knows that you intended to shoot. No accidental shootings with that bad boy. Then the SA follow up shots are nice and light.

There have been issues with cracked trigger housings too, but FN takes care of those for you and they seem to have made a design change to fix the problem. I figure if you know that going in, you should have no regrets buying one.

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.

I know I drool everytime I see the add for it, just can't justify the price yet...maybe when a long lost rich uncle passes and leaves me several grand I'll buy it and more. :rolleyes:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I thought with the civy 5.7 they downspec'd the velocity. Hornaday is making a nice high velocity round with a balistic tip.

I really would like one of these. 20rds plus a 10 extension. To bad the ammo is to pricey.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    The P90 is also one of my favorite guns of all time. If I could get one SBR'd and the ammo was cheaper I would probably get one...

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    I thought with the civy 5.7 they downspec'd the velocity. Hornaday is making a nice high velocity round with a balistic tip.

I really would like one of these. 20rds plus a 10 extension. To bad the ammo is to pricey.

A couple of months ago they were offering the first 200 rounds free with the purchase of the Five seveN. I think they were even FN brand ammo or else the pictures of the box were photoshopped to look like FM made it.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    A couple of months ago they were offering the first 200 rounds free with the purchase of the Five seveN. I think they were even FN brand ammo or else the pictures of the box were photoshopped to look like FM made it.

That deal is good through April 30th, also if you buy an FNH pistol you get a free Blade-Tech holster, polymer training barrel, and a double mag holder - http://www.fnhusa.com/le/

redduck21502

Oct 19, 2007
    Cumberland, MD
    As usual, thanks for the feedback
    I'm gonna try to get a look at one...I have the urge to buy something

If you cannot find a dealer that has one in stock and you still decide to purchase one, DO NOT buy from Impact Guns. I spent a month waiting for them to ship one only to find out that they said it shipped 2.5 weeks into the deal and it really was only ORDERED at that time. Then it was ordered directly from FNH, so it was going to take 4-6 weeks. I finally cancelled it when they told me the truth.

Got one ordered from Gilbert Gunworks, we shall see how that goes.

I was going to order from Exeter Arms because they sponsor the FNForum, but he highballed me on the price (looked like MSRP to me).

redduck21502

Oct 19, 2007
    Cumberland, MD
    Don't buy form Gilbert Gunworks either. They listed 15 in stock and could not fullfil my order at this time. I went with Gunbroker since those are all truly in stock. It should be in today or Monday, so in another week, I'll have my FNP-9!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom