• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PipeHitter1316

, , Engage Instructor
    Industry Partner
    Oct 2, 2011
    i would love to go but ive shot three gun once and it was a small competition only spent 75 rounds total for the whole match. This things got 9 stages how much ammo of each weapon system should i bring?

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Posted round counts are:
    123 rifle
    101 pistol
    59 birdshot
    12 slugs
    59 optional pistol
    69 optional birdshot

PipeHitter1316

, , Engage Instructor
    Industry Partner
    Oct 2, 2011
    if your gun cant shoot slug does that disqualify you from the match? Im 22 years old and a veteran but i dont know what the division and catagories mean? i like to run my gats with all the super cool killer guy gear what division should i apply for?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    pipehitter,

if you run your gear "loaded" with aftermarket accessories, you will either be in tactical or open depending on what goodies you use.

If your signature picture is your kit, you are probably looking at tactical (its a small pic, i can't see all of the stuff) with an optical sighting device on your AR. You might try Limited by removing the optic on your AR (and if that is an RMR on your FN, lose that too) and shooting just irons.

Post a list of mods on your intended competition weapons and some of our resident experts will help you classify yourself. I don't shoot much formal competition (my friends and I have more informal rules that, with regard to equipment, amount to "run what you brung and hope you brung enough" at our "matches")

Thank you for your service.

PipeHitter1316

, , Engage Instructor
    Industry Partner
    Oct 2, 2011
    AR=Eotech but i got iron sights with a redi mag system if thats a factor
    Mossberg=open iron sights
    FNP=got a trijicon rmr....i really like that sight but i can run iron too

does your actual kit that you wear to competitions matter? ive got my plate carrier and belt both loaded out to my liking.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    AR=Eotech but i got iron sights with a redi mag system if thats a factor
    Mossberg=open iron sights
    FNP=got a trijicon rmr....i really like that sight but i can run iron too

does your actual kit that you wear to competitions matter? ive got my plate carrier and belt both loaded out to my liking.

Kit? No. Optics on a pistol put you in the Open class, where the big guns run. I run Tactical just because I want to use my firearms under stress to make sure they work and I can get better shooting them under stress.

PipeHitter1316

, , Engage Instructor
    Industry Partner
    Oct 2, 2011
    depending on the class your in does it change the matches you can participate in? like i could be in the open class with my RMR on my pistol gat but be in the tactical if i take it off? what about the other classes?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    depending on the class your in does it change the matches you can participate in? like i could be in the open class with my RMR on my pistol gat but be in the tactical if i take it off? what about the other classes?

You shoot the same match no matter which division you are in. However, do you really want your times to be compared to Taran Butler?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    as jimbob says, this is a case of what do you want out of the match?

if you just want to see what you can do, run what you brung. you will be squadded with and compared to the best shooters in the match running purpose- built and custom-tuned equipment. i shot open once (pistol USPSA match) because i wanted to run a comp'd 1911 (no optics) that i'd just bought. i came in dead last, but had a great time. if you want to see where you rank with others that have "similar" equipment, i'd lose the RMR and run tactical.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Registration for this match has been full for a while now, but you can get on a waiting list for a slot. The rules page on their website lists the equipment divisions and what gear is allowed.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Pauln whats up with your weapons, it appeared you were having alot of feed/function issues or was it just the camera? Looks like you did great considering the issues with the guns.

glock_forty5

Ultimate Member
    Oct 30, 2007
    Nice video Paul. That is not a typical east coast 3 gun match! Going to have to get this on the schedule for next year.

JT

PS - I think its time to clean the Saiga.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Pauln whats up with your weapons, it appeared you were having alot of feed/function issues or was it just the camera? Looks like you did great considering the issues with the guns.

It was very cold that morning and grease in the bolt cam pin bore caused drag on the firing pin giving me light strikes. I cleaned it after that stage and had no more trouble.

Nice video Paul. That is not a typical east coast 3 gun match! Going to have to get this on the schedule for next year.

JT

PS - I think its time to clean the Saiga.

The problem with the Saiga was that I did clean it the day before I left for the match. I had the wrong gas setting for the slugs I was using.
    Just a couple first stage bugs to work out. After that, everything was due to a loose nut on the back end of the gun.

methlab

Mar 18, 2011
    Northern Harford County
    That looked like a load of fun. Were the distances as far as the camera made it look? That was some nice shooting either way. I get my first 3m3g run on the 11th on December and can't wait.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom