• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    ****I will reserve judgement on that guy in the pic until I find out if he is trying to have sex with a male pig or a female pig. If it's a male pig that's just gay... Call me weird if you like.. I don't care! :lol2:

I think an old Cybil has just joined the forum. Entered a thread with the first post, only has a few, and is already argumentative.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    IP address is a tool, but not the defining one. There's a lot that we use to build a case. If you'd be so kind, could you shoot a pm to Norton and just let him know which ones are in the same house? We're not trying to snoop on anyone's personal life here but that will help keep things simpler.

Quite right. We usually look at the IP address AFTER you're becoming a nuisance, at least I do.
    Apparently I missed these when I posted this:

So how do we determine that it's the same person with multiple accounts and not multiple people posting from the same computer (therefore the same IP address) from different accounts?
    So with that in mind, isn't the easiest and less dramatic thing to do as a moderator simply to contact the suspected parties to see if that's the case?

Sorry if I'm late to the game on this post - I haven't had a lot of time lately and this thread grew several pages since I last posted here.

I was a moderator on another forum once, so I understand how and why it happens - typically someone is trying to be cute and be a troll by posting under different accounts but they don't know that their IP address is exposed, even if they post under different screen names. That's something I've never been able to understand - to paraphrase someone else from eariler in this thread, "I piss off enough people with just one screen name." :D

BollingerGun

Jan 11, 2011
    Is there a tee shirt opportunity here?
    "MDS Polygamist Account Holder" Maybe if you made the offenders wear them for awhile they would never, never do it again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom