• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    I have looked through the forum and I think I have the SBR process down but I want to make sure

1. Fill out form 1's for my recievers and rifles, I plan to SBR a GSG-5 (I hate the stupid fake can), a DSA FAL and 2 AR stripped lowers

2. Go to a authorized finger printing place and get the Live scan for the MSP and 2 blue cards for the ATF.

3. Get photos done for all the forms.

4. Take them to the MSP barracks and wait 4 months.

5. While forms are ATF, engrave rifles with SBR info.

6. After forms return, send off to the ATF for signatures (6-9 Month wait)

Does my process or steps look correct. I do not have a trust and I have not done this before for a form 1.

Thanks !!!

G

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Carrol Co?

Your local sheriff may be willing to sign off as CLEO. That'd save you the hassle and wait of going thru MSP Limbo. My sheriff saved me a fair amount of time by doing the CLEO sign-off.

Might be worth it to at least ask.

JailHouseLiar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 26, 2013
    Timonium, Maryland
    I just wanted to post I got my Form 1 kicked back based on what I put in block 4h.

I used a Trust and have had SBRs approved putting in the manufacturers specific model, like Spikes is "SAR-XXX."

They kicked it back with 2 sentences about "Trust name/state cannot be abbreviated." :wtf:

So I called the examiner who told me either leave it blank or put in the Trust name. If I left it blank, the "assumed" it was the Trust name. :sad20:

As it was, I had to line through and initial the "SAR-XXX" which annoyed me, marking up my pretty paperwork. Yeah, I'm anal like that!
    So when I tell her I had previously approved SBR forms filled out exactly the same as the ones I submitted, she told me "Things change around here all the time." :mad54:

I was tempted to say the LONG waits never seem to change but didn't. Not sure it helps, but it happened just a week ago, so I thought I'd put it out there.

Good Luck!

CEK

Oct 7, 2012
    Carroll County- call Sue at Sheriff Tregoning's office and make an appointment she is his secretary. He is a great Sheriff and supporter of the 2A. You shouldnt have any problem he did 5 for me Monday AM.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I have looked through the forum and I think I have the SBR process down but I want to make sure

1. Fill out form 1's for my recievers and rifles, I plan to SBR a GSG-5 (I hate the stupid fake can), a DSA FAL and 2 AR stripped lowers

2. Go to a authorized finger printing place and get the Live scan for the MSP and 2 blue cards for the ATF.

3. Get photos done for all the forms.

4. Take them to the MSP barracks and wait 4 months.

5. While forms are ATF, engrave rifles with SBR info.

6. After forms return, send off to the ATF for signatures (6-9 Month wait)

Does my process or steps look correct. I do not have a trust and I have not done this before for a form 1.

Thanks !!!

G

I wouldn't engrave until you get the approval. I would suggest you get a trust setup then submit. Its a lot quicker than sending the forms off to MSP then ATF and you don't need fingerprints or pictures.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Do you need to have your photos already when you visit MSP, or just when you send them in to ATF with the Form 1 and print cards?

The only thing MSP needs is your Livescan receipt and your Form 1. Don't sign the form until the lady at MSP tells you to.

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    Carrol Co?

Your local sheriff may be willing to sign off as CLEO. That'd save you the hassle and wait of going thru MSP Limbo. My sheriff saved me a fair amount of time by doing the CLEO sign-off.

Might be worth it to at least ask.

I was told that ONLY the MSP can sign off on ATF forms. I dont have a trust.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    nope. 1 copy. You need two photos because that's what BATF requires. Who cares why? Not trying to be smart but there is a reason. Maybe one stays with your paperwork and one goes to a master datatbase?

daijizai

May 11, 2013
    Columbia
    Do we have anything on paper from the AG stating that Form 1 will be allowed to complete post Oct 1 if started before Oct 1?

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    I called the firearms division and they said they have contacted the ATF and as long as the forms were submitted to them prior to 1OCt, they will be processed.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Submisssion to MSP or BATF? I have a Form 4 at MSP for 91 days now. Getting too close for comfort if it's a BATF rule on submission. I submitted my Form 4 to MSP June 17th.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    nope. 1 copy. You need two photos because that's what BATF requires. Who cares why? Not trying to be smart but there is a reason. Maybe one stays with your paperwork and one goes to a master datatbase?
    Yeah, I get it, but what Ize confuzled about is how do both photos get affixed to the F1? There appears to be room for two photos to be affixed, but one of the spaces is greyed out and has no instruction to affix anything there.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'm not sure because I'm still waiting for my Form 4 to come back (91 days) I assume you can just paperclip them to your paperwork but I can't say for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom