• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoss

Sep 4, 2013
    Has anyone had the turn around time using E forms for a trust anywhere close to 90 days. Also do they figure this by working days or calendar days. Thanks.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Probably yes but it’s misleading.
    People at first were posting online fast turnaround but that was due to the fact it was a new system and they started pulling from the pool of efiles right away to work on the system. So while they are doing efiles it’s at a much slower rate until they get all the paper forms caught up. Some will complain ether way and some will say I’m totally wrong. I’m just going by what my shop and other people I know that run a business. I’m sure there’s both ends of the story but I’m referring to average. The suppressor companies have been pushing the 90 days or less turnaround to boost sales and it has and only made the delay greater.

Hoss

Sep 4, 2013
    Probably yes but it’s misleading.
    People at first were posting online fast turnaround but that was due to the fact it was a new system and they started pulling from the pool of efiles right away to work on the system. So while they are doing efiles it’s at a much slower rate until they get all the paper forms caught up. Some will complain ether way and some will say I’m totally wrong. I’m just going by what my shop and other people I know that run a business. I’m sure there’s both ends of the story but I’m referring to average. The suppressor companies have been pushing the 90 days or less turnaround to boost sales and it has and only made the delay greater.
    Thanks I have heard similar comments about the 2 types of applications.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I was told 4-6mos back in June when I ordered mine from the supplier that was doing the Form 4's. I use a trust, we'll see..

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I'm at 120+ days on two E-Forms but going by some of the postings above, I probably have to wait three times as long before my cans are let out of jail. Oh well, my Mom used to say that patience is a virtue!

Cal68

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I was at 100+ days when my app got kicked out due to a SS error. I ordered on Dec 25th, certified on March 18, recertification June 25th. It's going to be a full year for me...

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Submitted one today as well. Waited already almost a year for the serial on the silencerCo BoGo deal so i could file.

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    The Boyz Against Things Fun and Exciting say 100 days, but they haven't updated their official wait times since June 30th...so yeah, take that for what it's worth. I'm something like 160 days in jail on my eFrom 4s for a trust and not expecting them any time soon.

Mike1690

Jan 28, 2016
    Yeah maybe 6-8 months, I am over 180 days I filed in March
    I’m thinking 0% chance it’s less than 6 months. I’m hoping it doesn’t go too much beyond that. Part of the reason I didn’t get one before was I felt it’s too much money for something I can’t have for a year. 6 months is kind of my limit for that but I have to resign myself to it will be done when it’s done.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I’m thinking 0% chance it’s less than 6 months. I’m hoping it doesn’t go too much beyond that. Part of the reason I didn’t get one before was I felt it’s too much money for something I can’t have for a year. 6 months is kind of my limit for that but I have to resign myself to it will be done when it’s done.
    I am over 180 days hopefully they get through all the paper backlog and in the future it will be faster. They played games by testing the E-Form system at the beginning of the year and proved it could be done in 90 days but they have over years worth of paper forms that need approval.

USAF05

Just one more gun...
    Sep 26, 2022
    Andrews AF
    I'm at 150 on my first e-form. I doubt I buy another after this.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Sunday (09Oct2022) will be exactly 6 months since I filed my two e-Forms. Still waiting. When I filed the forms, the kind folks at Engage Armaments told me that they had received approvals within 4 months but as jrumann59 said in his posting earlier, I think they played games earlier this year to pressure test the system but now reality has set in.

Cal68

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Sunday (09Oct2022) will be exactly 6 months since I filed my two e-Forms. Still waiting. When I filed the forms, the kind folks at Engage Armaments told me that they had received approvals within 4 months but as jrumann59 said in his posting earlier, I think they played games earlier this year to pressure test the system but now reality has set in.

Cal68
    I am at 7 months almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom