• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    Has anyone received a Form 4 kick back for a missing MSP 77R, or did I make a rookie mistake?

https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/S...ation/Firearms/RegulatedFirearmPurchases.aspx

I took a look at the MSP website and found the above link, but wanted to find out if I actually need to be present filling out the form, or if I could have the seller submit the form to the MSP or FFL. I have no problem filling out the paperwork, but it's difficult for me to make the trip to turn the paperwork in.

SmokeEETR

MSI Executive Member
    Jan 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Your form 4 goes to the ATFE not MSP. Your FFL submits the form 4 first..then you wait 8 months to a year. Once your tax stamp comes back you complete the 77R with MSP then wait another 8 days then pick up your gun barring any hiccups.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    BATFE has kicked back some Form 4's because they could not determine when the firearm was purchased. I know this first hand because they kicked back my Form 4 to Engage because they couldn't determine when I purchased my lower (June 2013). No 77r was done because at the time MSP wasn't requiring one. Engage sent them a copy of my invoice and it was put back in the system in Martinsburg. It has happened.

You'd think BATF would figure it was a pre Oct 1 lower because MSP signed off (no trust) on Sept. 12th. Nope, they wanted more proof.

ETA-Your Form 4 does go to MSP first for LEO signoff if you don't have a trust.

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    I guess I'll give the ATF a call to find out if a notarized bill of sale prior to October 1st is good enough to send them, or if I really do need to fill out and submit a 77R. CLEO signed off on it and ATF cashed my check before October 1 -_-

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    My Form 4 was signed off on by MSP Sept 12 and submitted Oct 3. OAL >30". They still kicked it back to Engage for a purchase receipt. They did and it was finality approved with a 2 week delay. Got it yesterday. The lower was purchased June 13

I guess they ignored the MSP signoff date

morons.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Before March 20, a 77r wasn't needed as MSP hadn't decided to enforce the "An SBR is a handgun" policy which they started with their March 20th advisory.

BATFE kicked back my Form 4 sent in early October on Jult 1st and Engage had to provide them with a receipt for my lower purchase in June 2013 because there was no 77r. (see my post above)

Even though:

1. MSP signoff was Sept 12th, proving the pre 10-1 purchase.
    2. the SBR was >29" anyway, so it wasn't even a copycat.

Got my Form 4 back approved July 19th.

It's the gubmint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom