• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    This 43 Izzy was the first Mosin I purchases several years ago. I took it to the range once back then to ensure it fired, it did, and I put it in the back of the safe. FFWD 6 years and I now have a few more and know a bit more and recently took a few shooting. My 33/43 MO and this 43 Izzy were by far the best of the bunch.

When I was cleaning the 43 Izzy I noticed 2 holes filled in on the inside of the receiver. (dont mind the green stuff thats froglube) I checked the left side of the receiver and it looks like there was a 5 or 6 digit number stamped on the side but it was removed. Faint outlines of a few of the numbers are still there.

I didnt think twice 6 yrs ago but now that I know more, was this an EX Sniper? If I recall correctly, only Tula's were stamped "PU", Izzys werent so are there any other telltale signs? Was this possibly a sniper reject?

Attachments

• formerPUholes copy.jpg
      formerPUholes copy.jpg
      44.5 KB · Views: 98
    • pusidenbr.jpg
      pusidenbr.jpg
      47.8 KB · Views: 97

ksy95

Mar 11, 2013
    It could very well be, but could you perhaps get us a picture of the top of the receiver? There are usually markings there that indicate whether or not it was an ex-sniper.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    It could very well be, but could you perhaps get us a picture of the top of the receiver? There are usually markings there that indicate whether or not it was an ex-sniper.

Here are 2 more. anyone know what any of those other stray marks are, like the one under the izhevsk symbol and on rt of the receiver?

Attachments

• NB4590Top2 copy.jpg
      NB4590Top2 copy.jpg
      66.8 KB · Views: 69
    • FSrtsidercvr copy.jpg
      FSrtsidercvr copy.jpg
      72.4 KB · Views: 69
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads