• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    What's the advantage of using a Forster press? Does it eliminate the need for different shell holders? Would this save money in the long run? What's the downside to a Forster press? I don't see much discussion about them and wonder why they are not as popular as the main stream brands.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    They are a GREAT press !!!!!!! they produce concentric ammo with none or very little run out., It will catch your primer it has great leverage. Like everything else Forester makes it is top quality.

Bob

Mar 30, 2009
    It's the best press out there. Easy to use and makes great ammo. I don't think you'll save any money using this press but it is top of the line.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    "Run out" is the mis alignment of the axis of the bullet with the axis of the cartridge. It apparently makes a difference when accuracy is at a premium- F Class, HiPower Competition, etc..
    I hope to run a comparison soon, having found a used Forster Co-Ax on this forum, but I have other projects ahead of this, and I am not sure that I own a rifle that is sufficiently accurate to make the comparison.
    DocAitch

noylj

Jun 3, 2012
    1) Universal shell holder. One nice thing I use it for is to deprime all my various cases when I come back from range. I inspect, deprime, and sort all at the same time.
    2) Dies slide into groove. No bushings to buy and no tool heads to buy.
    3) All spent primers are captured in bottle. This was one feature that made me buy it back in the early '70s. My RockChucker threw spent primers all over the place.
    4) Then, it does a great job reloading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom