• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Well, there is the old contractor trick of bidding 10x the actual price for a job you don't want to do.
    Not saying that's what is going on in this case, but a $200 transfer screams "I don't want you shopping here."
    What about DK? They’re an IP here. Little ways further down 301 S in Bowling Green.

OP and D since MCMLXXV!

I can be an @$$HoLe! But i’m not a DoUcHeBaG!
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2019
    Harford County
    Any known reputable King George area ffl’s? NOT Big Dogs or Genesis. $200 transfers are ridiculous, so looking for someone else. Thanks
    Got nothing for you. Simply remembering how this place BIG DOG OUTFITTERS was astronomically overpriced. Extra charges on simple credit card transactions. Gladly returned several NOVESKE items after I found out they were priced at almost 75% mark up and they wouldn’t match OEM pricing or a little over it to make some money for themselves. Mind you i’m from MD near PA border. Chanced upon the place after attending a funeral in Tappahannock, VA last year. Gladly wasted gas and time for the pleasure of a refund. Visited other stores on my drive home and had over 1K ammo haul that day.

Last edited:

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    Got nothing for you. Simply remembering how this place BIG DOG OUTFITTERS was astronomically overpriced. Extra charges on simple credit card transactions. Gladly returned several NOVESKE items after I found out they were priced at almost 75% mark up and they wouldn’t match OEM pricing or a little over it to make some money for themselves. Mind you i’m from MD near PA border. Chanced upon the place after attending a funeral in Tappahannock, VA last year. Gladly wasted gas and time for the pleasure of a refund. Visited other stores on my drive home and had over 1K ammo haul that day.
    BD has been good for some stuff, but dreadfully overpriced on too much other stuff…….like 2020 wuflu prices still. Some of the sales people are really cool, but drowned out by overt negativity from others, that never learned silence is golden when dealing with customers that are there ready to drop hard earned money. I had suggested BD to a few veterans that we shoot with, and each came back with their own reports of being treated rather lowly. I’ve noticed it before but just brushed it off. However I went in recently to start a suppressor purchase and got a little too much of the shit talking, so now I just make the drive to green top for suppressors………just wanted to find a local place for non nfa

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I hope Perrin weighs in on this soon. I've known him for quite a while and this doesn't sound like his way of doing business.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Yep. Genesis told me “50 for the actual transfer plus 150 for the inconvenience of receiving my order” I thought I did the right thing by going in, introducing myself as a new customer that wanted to pay for his service as a local business, before I ordered anything, and that was the response.
    I'm going to make this as clear as I can.

We charge $50 for a normal transfer such as a firearm purchased from Gunbroker. We charge $75 for a drop shipped firearm that is purchased through a website and then shipped from a distributor. Dropship items can be ordered directly from us and are often cheaper then can be found on some websites. We charge more to encourage customers to support our shop directly. One example was a customer asking to accept a transfer for a Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70. He was about to pay the online shop $2000 plus shipping and $75 for the transfer. He stopped by the shop and I asked if he could give me a chance to see if I could find one for him. He agreed and we had one on the way the next day and sold it to him at MSRP+TAX with no transfer fee or credit card fee.

We have also offered what we call a bounce transfer for our current MD resident customers. This is when a customer would like to purchase a gun that we can't otherwise get for them and we accept the transfer because the seller won't ship to MD. Most of the time this is because of mag capacity. We pull the mags and gold them at the shop then transfer the gun to one of our partnered FFL's in Southern Maryland. We charge $25 to do this but it must be approved before the firearm is shipped.

With all that said our policy is clearly posted on our website. (except for bounce transfers)

I honestly don't remember you coming into the store and I am pretty much there 7 days a week with a few exceptions. Would you like to give me a time frame for when you stopped in?

I will add that there are a few companies that we choose not to accept transfers from. For example anything related to Terran Tactical. The reasons are mine as are my opinion of the company and its owner.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom