• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Frederick IWLA July 24 IDPA Match is open for registration!

Registration for the July 24th, 2016 Frederick IWLA IDPA match opens at 9 pm this evening.

The registration link is here: https://practiscore.com/frederick-iwla-idpa-july-24-2016/register

____________________________________________________________________________

Registration opens on: July 07, 2016 @ 9:00 PM · Registration closes on: July 23, 2016 @ 8:00 AM
    Times are local to America/New_York timezone.

Match starts: July 24, 2016 @ 10:00 AM · Match ends: July 24, 2016 @ 4:00 PM

For the latest information about the Frederick IWLA IDPA Club, please subscribe at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/frederickidpa

This is a club level / tier 1 IDPA match with 5 scenario and standards stages with a round count of about 71.

This match consists of 4 squads with a maximum of 6 shooters each. Squad & shooter count depend on number of qualified Safety Officer volunteers.
    --Squads 1 & 2 have a show time of 10 am to help with setup. The shooting will start no later than 11 am
    --Squads 3 & 4 have a show time of 1 pm, & will start as soon as squads 1 & 2 clear the range & we complete the safety briefing. Squad 3 & 4 shooters must assist in stowing materials & collecting trash & brass.

If you are not at the range for the start of the safety briefing, you will not be able to shoot.

Non-Frederick IWLA members - $20
    Frederick IWLA members - $10
    Primary IDPA Safety Officers - $0
    Please bring cash, and please bring exact change.

If you are new to IDPA or have not yet participated in a Frederick IWLA IDPA match, please email the Match Director atFrederickIDPA@gmail.com with a brief overview of your shooting experience prior to registering for the match.

The Frederick IWLA is a cold range. If you are a legal concealed firearms carrier, notify the Match Director when arriving so we can appropriately and safely unload you.

We look forward to seeing at the match!

Last edited:

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I have 12 spots available for this July 24 IDPA match at the Frederick IWLA.

I have a couple of brand new shooters interested in trying it out, so I'm thinking of focusing one of the afternoon squads on orientation & skills building for people new to IDPA. If you're interested in trying it out as part of a low pressure squad, email me at frederickidpa@gmail.com or register at the link in the OP & add a comment to this effect in your registration.

If you're not new to idpa & are liking for a challenging match, I think you'll enjoy spending a few hours with us next Sunday. We have stages to be shot from laying in bed, sitting, standing, transitions, & while moving, strong hand, support hand, hitting moving targets, not hitting moving targets....

Hope to see you there!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I have 12 spots available for this July 24 IDPA match at the Frederick IWLA.

I have a couple of brand new shooters interested in trying it out, so I'm thinking of focusing one of the afternoon squads on orientation & skills building for people new to IDPA. If you're interested in trying it out as part of a low pressure squad, email me at frederickidpa@gmail.com or register at the link in the OP & add a comment to this effect in your registration.

If you're not new to idpa & are liking for a challenging match, I think you'll enjoy spending a few hours with us next Sunday. We have stages to be shot from laying in bed, sitting, standing, transitions, & while moving, strong hand, support hand, hitting moving targets, not hitting moving targets....

Hope to see you there!

TTMD, congrats on post 1,000! ;)

I'm thinking of switching to the morn (few spots left), esp if the person I'm squadded with does the same. It looks like it might be up to 100 deg in the afternoon on the weekend.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    TTMD, congrats on post 1,000! ;)

I'm thinking of switching to the morn (few spots left), esp if the person I'm squadded with does the same. It looks like it might be up to 100 deg in the afternoon on the weekend.
    Thanks Fidelity, I actually didn't realize I'd come that far. I think I'm at about the 4 year mark, so 250 posts a year makes it feel like I'm way too chatty. Guess I'll have to slow down. :-)

Actually, depending on the number of registered shooters by Saturday when reg closes, I may go ahead & re-configure the squads so that everyone shoots in the 11am round, & we're wrapped up & out by 2 or so.

I'll have to put some thought into a class activity to celebrate the 1,000 post mark, but I'm thinking it'll probably center on trying to get more people to give IDPA a try... :-)

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    There's a good chance I'll come to watch, last time I said that it actually snowed and now 100 degrees ?
    I have almost everything I need to enter except the holster for my new G34, ordered but I guess it really does take 4 - 6 weeks to make one, Blade Tech. I would probably do better with the more familiar G19 at this point anyway. Looking forward to it!

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    There's a good chance I'll come to watch, last time I said that it actually snowed and now 100 degrees ?
    I have almost everything I need to enter except the holster for my new G34, ordered but I guess it really does take 4 - 6 weeks to make one, Blade Tech. I would probably do better with the more familiar G19 at this point anyway. Looking forward to it!
    Excellent, look forward to seeing you there!

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009

actually i ordered another holster from them a few weeks ago and they said the lag time was closer to two weeks. they were honest. hope to finally meet you. :thumbsup: :smoke:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Maybe too late now, but DSG has a holster sale that ends tonight. $49 for a Glock 34 holster ...

https://dsgarms.com/dsgasrglock (right hand)
    https://dsgarms.com/dsgaslglock (left hand)

May need to create an account there and be logged in to see the price.

I just got one (within 3 days of ordering - cheapest shipping - priority mail) and the quality is excellent. Below is a picture comparing to my $75 Blade-Tech holster for the Glock (which I believe cost $10 to ship). Rides a little higher, but still easy to draw from.

Attachments

• Glock holsters.jpg
      Glock holsters.jpg
      80 KB · Views: 203

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Thanks guys, I actually found a Black Ice w/DOS (I know) through Optics Planet for $57 shipped. I have bought quite a bit from DSG, thanks Fidelity. I have to give credit to Alucard for holster advice.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Squad up this AM with Charlies' crew.... but dependent on how the wife reacts to chemo this week, the afternoon may be more conducive.
    I may need to shift people around, so let me know if you have a definite need to be morning or afternoon.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    do I really have to shoot by myself? :'(

I'm going to fix the squads on Saturday, and then email everyone where they are, and the times they need to show up. I think we'll have more people register over the next few days, so one way or another we'll let you squad with some of the cool kids.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Might be a good day to have the "sitting in air conditioned car" scenario. So ... your parked at sonic slurping on your ice cold milk shake when ...

Sorry if that is inappropriate.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Might be a good day to have the "sitting in air conditioned car" scenario. So ... your parked at sonic slurping on your ice cold milk shake when ...

Sorry if that is inappropriate.
    If only I had someone willing to let us shoot from their running vehicle.... :-)

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    That would take IDPA to whole new level. :D SO in the passenger seat and scorekeeper in the back.
    Actually, many matches above the tier 1/club level will use vehicles in various stages. This most recent WV IDPA state tournament used an airplane fuselage, & the 2015 tournament used a boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom