• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    For the latest information about the Frederick IWLA IDPA Club, please subscribe at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/frederickidpa

This is a club level / tier 1 IDPA match with 5 scenario and standards stages with a round count of about 61.

REGISTER HERE: https://practiscore.com/frederick-iwla-idpa-june-26-2016/register

This match consists of 4 squads with a maximum of 5 shooters each. Squad & shooter count depend on number of qualified Safety Officer volunteers.

EDIT: WE'RE FULL!!! Thanks everyone - I think we're going to have a real fun match. See y'all Sunday!

--Squads 1 & 2 have a show time of 10 am to help with setup. The shooting will start no later than 11 am

--Squads 3 & 4 have a show time of 1 pm, & will start as soon as squads 1 & 2 clear the range & we complete the safety briefing. Squad 3 & 4 shooters must assist in stowing materials & collecting trash & brass.

Non-Frederick IWLA members - $20
    Frederick IWLA members - $10
    Primary IDPA Safety Officers - $0
    Please bring exact change.

If you are new to IDPA please email the Match Director at FrederickIDPA@gmail.com with a brief overview of your shooting experience prior to registering for the match.

If you are new to Frederick IWLA IDPA, we will provide a club IDPA orientation immediately prior to the match.

The Frederick IWLA is a cold range. If you are a legal concealed firearms carrier, notify the Match Director when arriving so we can appropriately and safely unload you.

We look forward to seeing at the match!
    --
    Col Jeff Cooper's Four Basic Rules of Firearm Safety:
    -All guns are always loaded.
    -Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    -Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
    -Identify your target, and what is behind it.

Last edited:

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    This match is now 65% full, with 7 spots remaining, and at least 2 people not yet registered.

This is also a good match to just come out and watch. If you're interested in IDPA &/or want to get an idea of what it's about or how it looks, you're welcome to spend some time with us. Please remember to bring your own eye & ear protection.

This should be a fun & fairly quick match, with lots of small targets w/ hard cover, movement, barricades, (including one you have to kick down), and one gun-fight stage designed to see who is the flat-out fastest, most accurate shooter on the range, regardless of firearm type.

Unfortunately I am not able to guarantee rain, snow, and ice for this match, unlike our first match in March. Sorry!

James200319

Mar 3, 2016
    Guess I'm Ready? Haha... I am getting a new hard plastic/kydex mag holster instead of this one.

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 1.32.23 PM.jpg

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    My oldest son and i may stop by and watch for a bit, It's only 10 minutes from home.

Is there a minimum age for shooting IDPA?
    The youngest age-related category is junior - 12-17, which requires a parent or guardian present at every stage. Shooters age 18-21 may shoot without a parent or guardian unless required by laws or range policy.

I am the Match Director, & if you come by during the 11-1 match, I'll be happy to show you around & describe what's going on.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    The youngest age-related category is junior - 12-17, which requires a parent or guardian present at every stage. Shooters age 18-21 may shoot without a parent or guardian unless required by laws or range policy.

I am the Match Director, & if you come by during the 11-1 match, I'll be happy to show you around & describe what's going on.

Ok cool! We'll swing by and check it out. I'll be the tall guy with glasses that looks lost :D

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Thanks, I believed you the first time TTMD, and glad you mentioned it. Google will not even let you drag the route the correct direction.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom