• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Do any IP attending post up pricing for ammo before the show?
    Or is it show up to see?
    9mm/45 acp, brass casing
    Sorry, misread your post. Most do not post prices before the show. We are generally one of the cheapest for ammo at the show unless you want the cheap turkish stuff.... Our brass cased 9mm fmj is 13.00 box of 50.. thats an out the door price if paying cash/check..

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    I will be attending. My question was not intended to compare with online pricing.
    It was just to get a general idea of what to expect. I stocked it deep years ago and want to add to my count after shooting over the years.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club along with Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association will be there. Stop by an say 'Hello". You can sign up or renew for either organization at the show or go on-line if you prefer (can use credit card/PAYPAL on-line).

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    SCSG is usually the best prices on whatever ammo they have .

If they don't have what you're seeking / already sold out , C&J ( E&J ?) Usually is next best .

Markpixs

Apr 23, 2011
    NOVA
    I'll make the ride up from VA if it's raining. Good to support the shows, even when they're just ok. My buying options are a little limited since I'm from across the river.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    How’s the show? Might head up tomorrow and maybe trade an ONG Wingmaster for something.
    I was thinking about going today but I see it ends at 4.

Maybe I can try to go tomorrow too. Let me know if you are going and maybe what time, Alpha or anyone else.

PS, I may also try to attend the Howard Co show Feb 3/4 if I don't make it tomorrow.
    Possibly will try to volunteer at MSI at Hoco.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I was thinking about going today but I see it ends at 4.

Maybe I can try to go tomorrow too. Let me know if you are going and maybe what time, Alpha or anyone else.

PS, I may also try to attend the Howard Co show Feb 3/4 if I don't make it tomorrow.
    Possibly will try to volunteer at MSI at Hoco.

Howard Co is not very far from my house so I’m def going to that one

VRC Racing

MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2009
    Ijamsville
    Just got back from the show. Pretty nice turnout in the main building. Not so much for the second building.
    SandSGunsSOMD had a very nice display. I kept lusting over and FN P90. South Carroll Sporting had their normal well stocked display. Precision Firearms was along the back wall. They had their normal display. I feel like they are not as eager as they were a few years ago. They used to build uppers at the show and were really and were very active. Feels more like a retail store now.

I came empty handed. :(

-Russ

CZ_Jockey

MDS Supporter
    Jan 12, 2024
    owings mills, md
    Just got back from the show. Pretty nice turnout in the main building. Not so much for the second building.
    SandSGunsSOMD had a very nice display. I kept lusting over and FN P90. South Carroll Sporting had their normal well stocked display. Precision Firearms was along the back wall. They had their normal display. I feel like they are not as eager as they were a few years ago. They used to build uppers at the show and were really and were very active. Feels more like a retail store now.

I came empty handed. :(

-Russ

Thanks for the report!

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I too was at the Frederick show today and VRC Racing's account is exactly the same as my impression of the show. It has been a couple of years since I went to the show and I was hoping the husband/wife team from PA who were selling range bags, backpacks and soft pistol cases would be there. They make everything in PA and the quality was good. But they were not there and all the other range bags and pistol cases I saw were made overseas. I passed on them. Maybe the folks from PA will come to the Howard County show next weekend.

Cal68

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I overlooked most new guns as they were not worth the hassle of transfers for me. Ak's caught my eye and were in the ball park for retail. A decent ammount of AR uppers for sale.

C&R guys- everything overpriced including old ammo. I saw 7.5french surplus and they wanted $2 a round.
    new production 7mm $30 a box(online $20) just to give u an example. Anyone looking for 8x56r on clips(RARE AS HELL now) she had them in second building.

I scored targets, some pistol storage, and 45acp/357sig ammo that i thought was a good deal. Ended the day with bbq food which made the trip truly worth it.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Howard Co is not very far from my house so I’m def going to that one
    I knew it was close to you, Bout 25 minutes from me down here by Arbutus too.
    I overlooked most new guns as they were not worth the hassle of transfers for me. Ak's caught my eye and were in the ball park for retail. A decent ammount of AR uppers for sale.

C&R guys- everything overpriced including old ammo. I saw 7.5french surplus and they wanted $2 a round.
    new production 7mm $30 a box(online $20) just to give u an example. Anyone looking for 8x56r on clips(RARE AS HELL now) she had them in second building.

I scored targets, some pistol storage, and 45acp/357sig ammo that i thought was a good deal. Ended the day with bbq food which made the trip truly worth it.
    LuckyShot, Good to hear that you found some good stuff. OH BBQ food. NOW you are talkin.

This reminds me. I may be on the lookout for some in car/truck storage for when I get my W&C.
    I also will have to wait and see what happens on an auction I did some bidding on primers, brass and other components. That will tell me if I need to fill in any blanks I may not be high bidder on, then pick it up at the show.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I too was at the Frederick show today and VRC Racing's account is exactly the same as my impression of the show. It has been a couple of years since I went to the show and I was hoping the husband/wife team from PA who were selling range bags, backpacks and soft pistol cases would be there. They make everything in PA and the quality was good. But they were not there and all the other range bags and pistol cases I saw were made overseas. I passed on them. Maybe the folks from PA will come to the Howard County show next weekend.

Cal68
    Cal68,

There is a Outdoorsmans show in Harrisburg sometime. I bet that PA couple might be there.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Cal68,

There is a Outdoorsmans show in Harrisburg sometime. I bet that PA couple might be there.
    That is true but it is a long way to go on a hunch that they might be there. I believe I got their address last time so I will try to find it and call them to see which show they will be at.

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom