• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    What did I miss?

I thought someone with personal knowledge gave examples of departments with that weapon in inventory.

How are the local agencies supposed to beat down the vast threat of insurrection and rising neo-nastyism without machine guns?

Are you implying such threats are overstated? :innocent0
    A SAW is good for well...what we referred to as "population" control in the corp and perhaps firing on

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    BPD, unless they are contracting out (think michaels machine), wouldn't be able to keep 21s running. I have time on 11s and they are a PITA. Know two guys who have 21s and that system is a cantankerous bastard.

At least two fed LE groups have saws. Probably more, but I know of two. One has 240s (again, probably more but one for sure). There are still departments that have legal m2s in their inventories. Frederick city has at least one belt fed (probably still doesn't work) and a pile of shoulder fired autos. They dumped their MP5s for shorty m4s. Have a tommy gun too. I can keep going.
    I heard about them from the folks who sold them the initial order. They had a few transferrable ones left over that weren't bought which is what prompted my questions and how the info came up about the police buying them. So the info seemed reliable just for sh$%^ and giggles. This was years ago.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I heard about them from the folks who sold them the initial order. They had a few transferrable ones left over that weren't bought which is what prompted my questions and how the info came up about the police buying them. So the info seemed reliable just for sh$%^ and giggles. This was years ago.
    Not saying they don't own em. Probably do. I'm saying that they are probably in the back of a locker broke. Because I've had to work on guns that "police armorers" have serviced. A guy I did work for got a lot of business fixing old "evidence locker" guns for PDs. They just wanted to play with them. Is this a legitimate law enforcement use? Is a tommy gun or an mg34 suitable for daily LE use? How about some FAL variants? A water cooled .50bmg?

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    I was kind of looking around for it. I couldn’t see down the one end by the retail counters. But had no idea the confiscation had occurred. I’m just caught up partially when people began talking about the PNC bank thing.
    :thumbsup:

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Not saying they don't own em. Probably do. I'm saying that they are probably in the back of a locker broke. Because I've had to work on guns that "police armorers" have serviced. A guy I did work for got a lot of business fixing old "evidence locker" guns for PDs. They just wanted to play with them. Is this a legitimate law enforcement use? Is a tommy gun or an mg34 suitable for daily LE use? How about some FAL variants? A water cooled .50bmg?
    I gotcha. I think I wanted to just express a little more about how I came upon the info.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I gotcha. I think I wanted to just express a little more about how I came upon the info.
    I actively dislike the BPD. I hope they got straight pounded with no lube on the price of those 21s. I also hope your friends refused to sell them parts of provide any repair service.

I also hope you got to shoot the guns on someone else's ammo!

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    Can you imagine if a LE agency actually used a SAW against the public what the result would be? In this day and age, there is no justification for them to have one period.
    Only police and military should have SAW’s…wait…

It seems like from the regulation there is a whole world of gray area the sheriff could rely on in response to the case - aside from the Constitutional issues - if they don‘t have them on paper or through someone who has agreed to testify. Who can tell the sheriff, the head of the offce, what to evaluate and why do the feds get to say a SAW is inappropriate for law enforcement, for example. I dont think they need one, but why does the Fed gov get to declare that?

Yet, none of that will matter if the prosecution has them conspiring for the benefit of TMGN and the Sheriff’s campaign.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Only police and military should have SAW’s…wait…

It seems like from the regulation there is a whole world of gray area the sheriff could rely on in response to the case - aside from the Constitutional issues - if they don‘t have them on paper or through someone who has agreed to testify. Who can tell the sheriff, the head of the offce, what to evaluate and why do the feds get to say a SAW is inappropriate for law enforcement, for example. I dont think they need one, but why does the Fed gov get to declare that?

Yet, none of that will matter if the prosecution has them conspiring for the benefit of TMGN and the Sheriff’s campaign.
    So the ultimate suspicion is that TMGN was using the machine guns obtained through the law letters as rental units to fund a re-election campaign (or something else) for Jenkins?

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    Can you imagine if a LE agency actually used a SAW against the public what the result would be? In this day and age, there is no justification for them to have one period.
    I do not disagree.

However, at the rate things are going these days… :/

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I actively dislike the BPD. I hope they got straight pounded with no lube on the price of those 21s. I also hope your friends refused to sell them parts of provide any repair service.

I also hope you got to shoot the guns on someone else's ammo!
    No such luck. It was just an FFL, I was using their range. Now I have a cousin who was BPD. I was never around him too much to talk about the job and his experiences. Probably retired by now. I was at a funeral with him but wasn't going ask about the HKs there.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I don't know how the machine gun places work that rent full autos, but don't most of them do this same thing? Use a "loophole" in the law that allows them to purchase machine guns for "testing"? I mean if they go after TMGN wouldn't they go after all of them? I can't believe the are all using transferrables, are they?

I’m having the same questions. I thought dealers were allowed to use such firearms for such purposes as long as they were not selling them.

Maybe profit is not a valid ‘reason’ for ffls to acquire or manufacture MGs. Possibly needs to be for bona fide ‘research or demonstration’. I can see how they might run afoul of the ATF. And it seems it would be easy for the ATF to investigate the legitimacy of such ranges that clearly profit from rentals.
    If I understand it right, demo letters are for demonstration/evaluation to law enforcement only for new MG. Using it to rent is the no no.

Shops that rent MG either buy them from another sot who bought them or built them or built them themselves. Aka you get a demo letter MG and show it to the local cops. When you close your shop you can sell it to another SOT who can rent it out, Or you build the MG and you can rent it out. A SOT can build a new M16, and rent it out all day, but they cant get a letter and buy a HK416 in FA on a demo letter and rent it out.

I think its how it works.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    A SOT can build a new M16, and rent it out all day, but they cant get a letter and buy a HK416 in FA on a demo letter and rent it out.

I think its how it works.
    That makes sense to me, as does the other portion I didn't quote. Thanks for offering that explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom