• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Huh? I have no clue what he is saying. He is the head law enforcement official in the county. That doesn’t make him above the law or exempt from it. The only “allowing himself” to be arrested was that he didn’t decide to go down in a blaze of glory/suicide by other cops, or go on the lam.

I think Mr,GunsandGear misunderstands the legal status of a sheriff, state and federal law and sovereignty.

Counties are not sovereign, states are. So his status as a county sheriff means nothing. Even if he was the head of Maryland State Police or the Maryland State Attorney General, he would not be exempt from arrest or indictment for federal charges. A governor wouldn’t be either. But at least state officials have a claim of sovereignty going on.
    Sovereign citizen nonsense about the almighty authority of county sheriffs...

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sovereign citizen nonsense about the almighty authority of county sheriffs...
    So charged with a crime and the judge says “gimme all your guns”? Under what legal basis? I’m sure all these asswipes that are actually arrested for a crime and released on bail don’t have that requirement do they? Total BS politics!

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    So charged with a crime and the judge says “gimme all your guns”? Under what legal basis? I’m sure all these asswipes that are actually arrested for a crime and released on bail don’t have that requirement do they? Total BS politics!
    Not disputing that at all. I'm simply saying that the quotes tweet about the Sheriff being arrested only because he allowed it is nonsense.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Judges have wide latitude to set bail conditions.

That said, under federal law, you are generally not prohibited from possessing firearms while under indictment. But a judge can set it as a condition of bail. 4473 and ATF say you can't buy/receive new guns though if under indictment.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Andy Raymond was disarmed as part of his release to home detention

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Always should have discretion on cases like these, the man has held his office with distinction and should continue to do so.

I never understood the part where they said Innocent until proven guilty.
    Does it mean anything, and at best this is a blue-collar crime. IMHO
    A crime is a crime, and no one should be held to account differently than anyone else simply because of stuff they have (or have not done). At least not with bail conditions. Those should be set entirely based on likelihood of being a threat to the community or likelihood of flight. Turning over all guns prior to a conviction? No, I don't see that unless someone is a probable threat. A first-time offender or a repeat offender should be the only distinction on sentencing, and threat to the community or flight risk should be the only distinctions made on bail conditions.

For the continuing to hold office, I don't necessarily see anything problematic with him continuing in his position unless or until convicted. Up to him whether his conscience dictates if he should continue in office until then.

Then again, Hogan's former Chief of Staff, charged with white collar crimes, possibly was armed when he got into a standoff with the FBI last week, who had been out on bail. Still no news on whether he was armed, if he engaged with officers, if it was a self-inflicted gunshot he succumbed to (only that an FBI officer did discharge a weapon).

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Jenkins is pleading not guilty so it will be interesting to hear the defense arguments and on what basis’ defense argues innocence.

Until a jury or judge finds him guilty he is innocent.

fishcrow

May 7, 2013
    The Remembrance Project sent me this in an e-mail. As they have an enormous following, may will now see how those who enforce laws are treated.

Another Political Attack Upon One of Our Strongest Sheriffs
    Sheriff Charles Jenkins

There are not many people who will dedicate their lives to protecting the lives of others and enter a battle wherein they are greatly over-powered and out-numbered. But yet, these individuals choose to stand solidly in the gap between corruption and our families. This best describes Sheriff Charles "Chuck" Jenkins of Frederick County, Maryland.

Sheriff Jenkins has served the people since 2006 – 17 years of loyalty and service of placing the safety of Frederick County first. He cooperates with the federal government through the 287g program to turn over criminal illegal aliens to I.C.E. Jenkins has spoken against sanctuary jurisdictions for criminal illegal aliens, has testified before Congress on safety, supports parents whose children were murdered by criminal illegal aliens and correctly predicted that without a secure border every county will be ‘a border county.’ Jenkins also said that Biden’s immigration actions will make the U.S. less safe – and he was correct, once again.

Last week Sheriff Jenkins was “politically targeted” by what looks to be an attempt to tarnish his good name, good work, and because he cannot be beaten at the ballot box; much like the increasingly-popular former President Donald Trump.

The parallel to this political targeting is blaringly obvious to what is happening to President Trump. If Donald Trump supports you, then you become a target, especially if you were endorsed by Trump. Sheriff Jenkins also participated in a number of roundtable discussions and press conferences with President Trump.

Sheriff Jenkins was cooperating with Biden’s DOJ and the ATF for approximately year, when he was blind-sided by U.S. Attorney Erek Barron in what looks to be a politically motivated sham indictment. The corrupt tentacles of this administration no longer attempt to hide the corruption. So, who is Erek Barron?

It is clear. Political targeting is happening and can and must be stopped by We the People before our Constitution is completely shredded.

Sheriffs are truly “our last line of defense.” Help defend our freedoms by voicing your support for Sheriff Chuck Jenkins by: sharing this release, call your local radio stations and demand your senators and congressmen to investigate and stop the rogue ATF, FBI and DOJ from terrorizing citizens. Speak up now while we are still allowed our first amendment rights.

##​

ShooterBear

Apr 3, 2017
    Montg'y Co
    I believe the strength of the case against Sheriff Jenkins rests with the exact guns being acquired under the auspices of the demo letter. If the guns were those commonly utilized by LE agencies today, he should be in safe territory. But if they were more along the lines of exotic, esoteric, or obsolete guns (let’s say a Thompson submachine gun), then he will have a tough time mounting a defense.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Seems to me all the good sheriff needs to do is produce the LEO that he demo'ed the guns with and even any LEO to give an educational experience.
    Now if there were no takers in him demo'ing these guns well maybe than he has a problem.

Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Update on 5/2: this rally has been CANCELED.

B7A216E1-AAF8-498C-AE5F-0289163B796F.jpeg

Last edited:

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    I believe the strength of the case against Sheriff Jenkins rests with the exact guns being acquired under the auspices of the demo letter. If the guns were those commonly utilized by LE agencies today, he should be in safe territory. But if they were more along the lines of exotic, esoteric, or obsolete guns (let’s say a Thompson submachine gun), then he will have a tough time mounting a defense.
    Demos/familiarization training aren't just because the firearm has utility in an LE environment. If criminals/gangs/cartels/etc. are using them or they are being recovered from crime scenes then that's also a reason for familiarization training.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Sheriff Jenkins was cooperating with Biden’s DOJ and the ATF for approximately year, when he was blind-sided by U.S. Attorney Erek Barron in what looks to be a politically motivated sham indictment. The corrupt tentacles of this administration no longer attempt to hide the corruption. So, who is Erek Barron?

It is clear. Political targeting is happening and can and must be stopped by We the People before our Constitution is completely shredded.

Sheriffs are truly “our last line of defense.” Help defend our freedoms by voicing your support for Sheriff Chuck Jenkins by: sharing this release, call your local radio stations and demand your senators and congressmen to investigate and stop the rogue ATF, FBI and DOJ from terrorizing citizens. Speak up now while we are still allowed our first amendment rights.

##​

I think politics have been inserted.

“Just because you don’t care about politics, doesn’t mean politics doesn’t care about you.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom