• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hondo

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Hey gang,

A while back, there was a thread posted, which noted that several counties in Maryland had lifted their bans on stun guns.

Since my daughter has reached dating age (to my dismay), I'd like to get her one, but I am not sure what the laws are in Frederick. Are they legal and can you buy them at the local gun shops? Do you have to be 18 or 21 to purchase/carry?

If any of you fine folks could educate me on the current regulations (or lack thereof) in Frederick, I would appreciate it.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Hey gang,

A while back, there was a thread posted, which noted that several counties in Maryland had lifted their bans on stun guns.

Since my daughter has reached dating age (to my dismay), I'd like to get her one, but I am not sure what the laws are in Frederick. Are they legal and can you buy them at the local gun shops? Do you have to be 18 or 21 to purchase/carry?

If any of you fine folks could educate me on the current regulations (or lack thereof) in Frederick, I would appreciate it.
    Your daughter has reached "dating age". When did she turn 35?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Hey gang,

I do not believe there are any laws prohibiting a stun gun or stun device. Send a PM to Charlie Foxtrot and ask him.

Hondo

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    For anyone who is curious, it looks like the last stun gun / taser holdout in Maryland is Ocean City.

All other cities/counties in the state who had previously prohibited the devices have since repealed their bans. Most recently (April 2), Baltimore County Council voted unanimously to lift its ban on stun guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom