FREE SoMD OPEN CARRY PICNIC & TARGET SHOOT!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    ****FUNDRAISING EVENT CANCELLED **** We regret the Cox fundraising event must be canceled; we will attempt to reschedule. *********

Celebrate Your Restored Second
    Amendment Rights!

ALL IS NOT LOST; please see below:

As a CONSOLATION, the property owners extend this private invitation:

If you enjoy outdoor 2A fellowship you are invited on the same date to a FREE open carry picnic, cookout and FREE SHOOTING RANGE event at their property on Saturday 1 October 2022, beginning at 11 AM.

This free 2A get-together is labeled a “fun-raiser.”

(Or the owners’ preferred name: “Blastfest!”)

BYO ammo. There will be repurposed target backers and cheap targets; BYO high-quality targets, if desired.

There will be outdoor grills already fired up on site for all to use for a cookout.

BYO food and BYO drinks, plates, utensils, coolers and ice for yourself and your guests; also BYOB.

(Note: due to the cancellation of the fundraising event, there will be no dining tents, tables and chairs, so please bring your own camp/folding/bag chairs, camp tables, and pop up shade/shelter, if desired.)

The property is near La Plata in Southern Maryland. This is a no-cost, no-obligation afternoon. BYO fun: everything, including speech, is free.

If interested PM me to receive the property address.

We thank Dick Heller for offering to join us for the now-cancelled fundraiser, and our generous hosts also for the offer of the use of their private property.

Thank you to all who previously posted here in this thread for your interest, positive comments, generous offers to share with others and your offer to donate funds.

Sincere apologies to everyone who has been inconvenienced by the cancellation of the fundraiser, especially those who may have changed their Saturday plans to be able to attend.

Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Enjoy this TARGET SHOOT and OPEN CARRY PICNIC, where you are enthusiastically encouraged and WELCOME TO WEAR your favorite EDC, Cowboy or PICNIC GUN to celebrate the restoration of your 2A Rights!

D857223E-0CF5-4FF8-B2C4-C00172A82811.jpeg

4821AF28-59C9-47D0-AA26-FAD7792BFD2D.jpeg

We’ll have a safe, designated OUTDOOR PISTOL RANGE prepared and marked off in advance.

C0646920-921C-4441-8DF0-4570B2D589AE.jpeg

Our PISTOL RANGE will be monitored by volunteer RANGE SAFETY OFFICERS (RSOs) during all shooting activities. (Bring your own ammo!)

We will be treated to a FIRING DEMONSTRATION of an authentic GATLING GUN and COFFEE MILL GUN!

4855CA2E-8BF7-456A-B9B2-8C6A99AA0B08.jpeg

4071BF2E-0D37-4A0C-948E-E81FC805A5AE.jpeg

- bonfire (let’s roast some marshmallows)
    - separate supervised BB GUN RANGE for kids of all ages! (Bring your BB Guns!)

Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Dick Heller has expressed interest in attending this free open carry picnic, but I’ll confirm this.

If he can still join us, get your picture taken too with this legendary Second Amendment Hero.

381BA6F8-6792-4331-8CD9-F3E03D40DE0F.jpeg

A407AF20-F787-4855-B996-E75901CF91D3.jpeg

Congratulations to Dick: the “Gun Dude” sued the District of Columbia again and just this past week achieved the REPEAL of the D.C.’s maximum 20-rounds of carry ammo restriction.

An excellent profile about Dick published last month:

F8CD3922-4916-4FC9-B777-CACFA7FD5822.jpeg

Click here to read the story:

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/14/1113705501/second-amendment-supreme-court-dick-heller-gun-rights

NOT ALL HEROES WEAR CAPES!

Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    *** NOTE of FREEDOM: Every lawful gun owner is welcome to bring your pistol(s) to WEAR and CARRY at this event.

NO Maryland State Wear & Carry Permit is required to transport and shoot them there! It’s private property!

There’s a gun range! All lawful gun owners are good to go! ***

(Remember to transport your firearms to the property legally: unloaded and cased; MD transport law has not changed.)

There will be hand-wash stations in both the range and dining areas.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I’m in!

I can bring my M11/9 for anyone who wants to bring ammo. Yes, it’s full auto. 147 grain is best with the suppressor…

D6EE79BA-125E-46F2-8F65-1D98523503F1.jpeg

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    We thought owe Malley was bad.

If this gun hating Marxist Moore gets elected we are in trouble

Dan Cox or die!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I believe i will be away on vacation at that time, but would love to write a check to any one cause or maybe if there are multiple causes.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I believe i will be away on vacation at that time, but would love to write a check to any one cause or maybe if there are multiple causes.
    Just buy two tickets, presumably for you and your lovely bride and maybe Karma them out or something? Just a thought, I'm sure there are some here who would love to attend but might not be able to afford it.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    **** FUNDRAISING EVENT CANCELLED ****
    We regret the fundraising event must be canceled; we will attempt to reschedule. ****

ALL IS NOT LOST; please see below:

As a CONSOLATION, the property owners extend this private invitation:

If you enjoy outdoor 2A fellowship you are invited on the same date to a FREE open carry picnic, cookout and FREE SHOOTING RANGE event at their property on Saturday 1 October 2022, beginning at 11 AM.

This free 2A get-together is labeled a “fun-raiser.”

(Or the owners’ preferred name: “Blastfest!”)

BYO ammo. There will be repurposed target backers and cheap targets; BYO high-quality targets, if desired.

There will be outdoor grills already fired up on site for all to use for a cookout.

BYO food and BYO drinks, plates, utensils, coolers and ice for yourself and your guests; also BYOB.

(Note: due to the cancellation of the fundraising event, there will be no dining tents, tables and chairs, so please bring your own camp/folding/bag chairs, camp tables, and pop up shade/shelter, if desired.)

The property is near La Plata in Southern Maryland. This is a no-cost, no-obligation afternoon. BYO fun: everything, including speech, is free.

If interested PM me to receive the property address.

We thank Dick Heller for offering to join us for the now-cancelled fundraiser, and our generous hosts also the offer of the use of their private property.

Thank you to all who previously posted here in this thread for your interest, positive comments, generous offers to share with others and your offer to donate funds.

Sincere apologies to everyone who has been inconvenienced by the cancellation of the fundraiser, especially those who may have changed their Saturday plans to be able to attend.

Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    I’ve replied to all PMs, noting that the weather forecast for SoMD predicts rain all day this Saturday due to the remnants of the Florida hurricane.

Unless the weather forecast suddenly and dramatically improves by late Thursday, this free get-together is also cancelled; I’ll consult with the property owners about possibly re-scheduling.

I’ll send out PMs to you with the date for a future fundraiser and/or a free get-together if either or both can be re-scheduled.

Thank you again to all who responded here with your interest and questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom