• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Hi
    I have just joined your association so am new to all of your ways and practises, I tend to spell words differently and sometimes use them differently to you because I live over the pond in Great Britain. I started shooting way back in 1965 with a combined cadet force at school in Chesterfield, my home town, found out about girls so stopped shooting for a while:innocent0, I started again in 1981 using a pals Dan Wesson .357. That gave way to different styles in shooting, trying other disciplines 'til I settled onto Long Range pistol, I used a Smith & Wesson model 27 with a 3 5/8" barrel and a Ruger Blackhawk 357 with a heavy Walther barrel and Williams Foolproof rear sight. I ended up with 14 pistols from a walther 32 to a 1911 Colt. Then everything changed here and pistols were banned so have now. .22 Marlin, .22Ruger 1022 pistol, a .357 Competitor pistol, and a Remington SPS 308, so the itch is still there but the competition is slowly fading over here.
    Well that's me nice to meet you all
    Dave

Welcome aboard sir.

It's refreshing to see folks from your part of the world who ain't radical liberals. :thumbsup:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Welcome from Bowley's Quarters :) Glad to have you aboard!

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Welcome to the MDS forum, I got to spend sometime in GB, areas around Braintree, Upper Hayford, Schulthorpe. Remember one the locals once told me there's three things wrong with you yanks,

You Over Fed, Over Sexed and Over Here. Still had a great time.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom